Thread: Number of sound banks in the NBv2

Default Number of sound banks in the NBv2

Hi Guys,

A Merry Christmas to you all.

I have just completed my third lightsaber (second using TCSS parts), and have put in an NBv2 soundboard into this lightsaber. I know the NB comes with a micro SD with 2 sound banks, but I wondered if I can add more to this, as the manual didn't seem to make it very clear whether there was a maximum number of sound banks which the NB could detect and use.

I would ideally like to keep my Light and Dark meat, as well as having an additional muted sound bank purely for filming work as adding sound to anything over a lightsaber is pretty annoying.

Would also be up for any ideas if you guys could assist as to how I get a muted soundbank, as I've noticed when I turn the vol to 0 in the config, there's still some residual buzzing etc.

Thanks in advance guys.

Merry Christmas and hope you all have a wonderfully peaceful, restful, and blessed day.

Howie

Quote Originally Posted by HowieHobbit View Post
    Hi Guys,

A Merry Christmas to you all.

I have just completed my third lightsaber (second using TCSS parts), and have put in an NBv2 soundboard into this lightsaber. I know the NB comes with a micro SD with 2 sound banks, but I wondered if I can add more to this, as the manual didn't seem to make it very clear whether there was a maximum number of sound banks which the NB could detect and use.

I would ideally like to keep my Light and Dark meat, as well as having an additional muted sound bank purely for filming work as adding sound to anything over a lightsaber is pretty annoying.

Would also be up for any ideas if you guys could assist as to how I get a muted soundbank, as I've noticed when I turn the vol to 0 in the config, there's still some residual buzzing etc.

Thanks in advance guys.

Merry Christmas and hope you all have a wonderfully peaceful, restful, and blessed day.

Howie
    Right, never mind with the maximum number of sound banks question - as I just found the answer! Forgot there was a specific NB sub-forum!!!

But still would appreciate any help on the whole muted/silent font so I don't need to build an exact hilt without a soundboard just for filming work.

Thanks again.

Howie

you could just install a small switch in the speaker wires to turn it off, or put a small connector on it and remove the the speaker when you don't need it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    you could just install a small switch in the speaker wires to turn it off, or put a small connector on it and remove the the speaker when you don't need it.
    That's exactly what I was thinking of today. It should be pretty easy with a small latching switch.

Thanks @Tomahawk and @Jay-gon Jinn! I did think of that but I don't have anywhere to put an additional switch, but I've managed to work around it now, as I only really like one font I am using, so I have just turned the second sound bank into wav files of complete silence, apart from a bootup sound so I know the silent one has been loaded. It's pretty good now and I can swap between silence and the soundfont which I like using.