Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber "Na F?r?in"!

The paint and weathering really makes this design pop. Nice work.

Thanks for the kind words! Also, it seems the name isn't displayed properly it's "Na Firein " (Irish Gaeilge for "The Faithful").
    Last edited by Grimlock84; 07-28-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Dude. I really like the weathering

I'm diggin' the combo choke / shroud design you have there. Very nice and elegant. Well done!
    LOCKHEED

Really digging that weathering technique! What paint(s)/technique(s) did you do? I've seen Madcow's youtube tutorial on weathering, yet I'm very timid to try it on my first saber. Again, great job!

I love the weathering. Wish I wasn't to scared i was going to screw it up cause I would love to weather mine.

I used a thinned acrylic paint to do the weathering and worked small areas at a time. Once I was satisfied with the look I sealed it with a matte clear coat. When you use spray paint you can always remove it with some acetone and try it again!

amazing saber! hey, how did you make that slip cover piece that goes from the top of the switch, pass the choke and over the blade emitter?

did you cut that yourself? i am looking to design something like that, any help would be great =)

Great shroud work there man, nice clean lines. Fits your design nicely! Pretty impressive especially as a first saber!

It's a piece of shroud material running from the emitter to the switch. I cut the shroud myself using a Drimmel flex head, a fine toothed hacksaw, and a steady hand. I also did some acid etching on the shroud to achieve the darker interior.