Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Cree blade not mixing very well.

Default Tri-Cree blade not mixing very well.

In my most recent lightsaber (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ghlight=miraan), I have one of the RGB tri-Cree LED's that TCSS sells. I'm using a trans-white 7/8" blade, with a few feet of cellophane inside. The problem is; the colors tend to separate near the bottom of the blade. For instance, with a green/red mix for yellow, the individual colors are pretty visible. (it does get better towards the top of the blade)
    Does anyone have an idea for a blade configuration that would help fix this problem?
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Are you using a 7/8ths blade in a 1" blade holder? That may cause problems, I am no expert but could be something to look into. Are you using the 18 degree lens? Couple things to check

Yes. I am using a small piece of 1" thin-wall blade as a adapter for the 7/8" blade. The lens is the small 18 degree one from TCSS.

I have tried the saber with a thick-wall blade with corbin film, as well as a 1" thin wall trans-white with cellophane. They all seem to have some degree of color separation.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Double check your lens to make sure it's properly aligned over the led's.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah, the lens is centered perfectly:

lightsaber.jpg

What I think Jay-gon Jinn was saying is take the can/LED holder off of the LED, and make sure each individual LED is aligned correctly onto each of it's individual optical ports. Sometimes misalignment happens and the LEDs aren't properly sitting withing the optics.

Quote Originally Posted by JD8a27 View Post
    What I think Jay-gon Jinn was saying is take the can/LED holder off of the LED, and make sure each individual LED is aligned correctly onto each of it's individual optical ports. Sometimes misalignment happens and the LEDs aren't properly sitting withing the optics.
    This is what I meant....also, check your battery to be sure its fully charged.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I see now what you were saying. I took out the LED module and checked the lens' orientation, and all seems well. As for the batteries; the saber runs on two 18650's, and I charged them a few days ago. I think the problem is in my blade(s), but I'm not sure what it could be....

Hmm...how much gift wrap did you use in the blades? I'm guessing the issue is the blade as well. I see you built this saber in April, has the color separation always been there, or did you just start to notice it?

Do you have any photos illustrating the separation?
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.