Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: All Squadrons Report In! X-wing costume

Ultimately it depends on how accurate you want to be. Here's a pic of me in my new helmet from this past weekend.
    http://www.alderaanbase.com/gallery2...?g2_itemId=933

We're a pretty cool group if I say so myself!

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, it looks like you need something to space it correctly. Or is that just the angles? It seems like it should ride maybe an inch higher even in the shots that seem even left to right.

I like what I see though.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Good looking costume Erik, maybe a little foam padding in the helmet though

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

All I Have in there, and I finished what you see 3 hours before the event, are 5 small pads from a bike helmet. I need to add considerably more, as well as 2 ear cups and the mic. I also need to finish paint and weather it. But I like it so much better than the Rubies

The helmet does look good and when you get the final touches on it the rubies helemt can just go back in the box.[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, I'm going to buy the same one Erik has. I talked with the maker and I've seen the helmets before and I just didn't know it.[|)] I have the money now but I'd like to wait until my paycheck to order it. Much better price compared to the Richies and as far as I can see similar quality.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Funny, the rubies helmet is on a 3' stuffed Donald Duck right now in my computer room.[8D] I'll take a pic and try to set it up tomorrow. It was my wife's idea because I had my new one on him with the rubies on my desk shelf. The vinyl fits him so much better. Maybe he'll go to SW weekends next year in full orange?[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">Those Don Post/Rubie's helmets are scarily small. [xx(] I see one in that set of pics Erik posted the link to. [:0]

Those arm tools pictured at the Jedi Academy look like crap, IMO. [B)]

I have a set of these machined ones from Obi1kenny, also known as Elvis Trooper and they are beee-u-ti-ful!

http://www.elvistrooper.com/xtool.htm

So far, for my X-Wing costume, I have an unmodified set of coveralls for the flight suit, my arm tools pictured above, gray webbing for the belt and ejection straps, correct bucke for belt, accurate hardware for the flak vest (buckle and hardware courtesy of Frank, from Dewback Wing), unpainted comm pad, multi-costume-purpose boots, and helmet(!). []

I went crazy with black and silver pin striping tape. [] The weathering was a lot of fun. [|)]

Major items I still need to get: flak vest, chest box. Also need black guantlets and something to make flares. Have 2 possibilities with which to make the flare holder.</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Nice looking helemt J-Lo, so the next thing is a picture of you in costume, so that way we get to put a face with your name[]

<center></center>

The Elvis Trooper does good work! My code cylinders came from him as well. I'd like to get ahold of one of the accurate belt buckles, Loreen, do you know who I could talk to on that?