Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello and Order#45316

Been getting a lot of inspiration from this thread.

As for the hilt, this speaks to me.

Mind you, I'll be happy to have my LEDs light up with sound!
    Last edited by Daisan; 08-11-2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: readability

How did the build go? I got mine to light up on the first go (glad I didn't do sound the first time out, though). I wish I had watched the video tutorial one more time. I ended up cutting the red wire to the puck too short, missed the washer with one red wire after I got the shrink tube on and had to cut and graft a longer wire. But it did light up after all that. How hard is it to wire the sound board?

Got the parts just waiting on my battery pack. Apparently, it's coming from the UK according to the helpdesk when I rang. I can't imagine what is so special with an 18650 pack that Australia has to import it. In the meantime, I bought a bunch of wires and been practicing my solder-fu.

Btw, never mind the sound board, how small is the footprint of the LED!? I'm actually in a training course for this week so will start the electronics this weekend.

PS. Good job on lighting up your LED.

The LED module takes up a fair amount of room. Not a lot of space in between the LED and the switch. I do have a few inches of wire stuffed in the front, in case I decide to put an extender on. I soldered the blue and white wires from the puck to a quick disconnect.

Welp, got it to work now (wiring-wise) - just got the sound working last night. I struggled a bit with the momentary switch; over-complicating what is essentially a broken connection.

So, everything is okay as far as the wiring connection is concerned but my next challenge is making them all fit inside the hilt! My cram-fu is not very strong but we shall see.

IMG_42600976930298.jpg

And, no. I am not compensating...