Thread: Where to find Li-Ion batteries in your country <insert country here>

Default Where to find Li-Ion batteries in your country <insert country here>

[DISPLAIMER: I know we don't link to other suppliers, but until li-ion batteries can be shipped internationally, i would hope Tim doesn't mind that I started this thread. If so, Tim, please delete it. If you like it, sticky it.]

This thread will (should) only have responses from users that have a definite source of Li-Ion batteries, in a specified country that TCSS cannot shop li-ion batteries too. IF POSSIBLE try to limit your responses to concise details and to those you have actually used in a saber project. Hopefully that will limit false hopes and leads. This thread shouldn't be very cluttered if you follow that rule.

Try to use this template for your responses:

NAME AND LINK TO TCSS BATTERY THAT CAN'T BE SHIPPPED TO THE SPECIFIED COUNTRY:
    LI-ION 18650 w/o PCP Protection

DETAILS AND LINK TO A LOCAL SUPPLIER IN THE SPECIFIED COUNTRY THAT SHIPS TO WITHIN THE SPECIFIED COUNTRY:
    www.batterybuyer.com
    3.7 Volt 2600 mAh Li-Ion 18650 Rechargeable Battery [BB15253]

Notes:
    TCSS is 3400mAH and the batterybuyer.com one which is 2600 mAH but that's as close as I could get on that site.
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 01-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.

NAME AND LINK TO TCSS BATTERY THAT CAN'T BE SHIPPPED TO THE SPECIFIED COUNTRY:
    TrustFire-Protected-37V-2400mAh-18650-Lithium-Battery-2-pack-P517

DETAILS AND LINK TO A LOCAL SUPPLIER IN THE SPECIFIED COUNTRY THAT SHIPS TO WITHIN THE SPECIFIED COUNTRY:
    Via Sevinzol who was able to easily find this one online:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...8245bb5f6ben02

he also suggested
    TCSS has several holder and chassis parts for batteries. keep looking you'l find stuff
    Note the pic shows 3.6v but the specs tab list 3.7v. I ordered a few and I got 3.7v.

Notes: Where ever in Canada it shipped from (Brampton, ON I think), it arrived in 2 days via ground. When i bought it (available from Bestbuy.ca online only) I thought it was coming from BC, but I guess they have warehouses in many places.

The lesson I'm learning is to Google the brand names as much the specs of the battery. "Fenix 3.7v li-ion" "Trustfire" etc
    I STILL wish I could find in Canada the exact model with JST connector that TCSS stocks.
    Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 02-17-2014 at 07:51 PM.