Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LED saber with crystal chamber

Taped off and ready to paint. I'm using a rubberized black undercoating paint.

2013-03-13 21.08.10.jpg

Nice work on this Darth Hambone! I'm anxious to see the crystal chamber lit up. Should make for a very nice effect when complete!
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Thank you, Arryck. I have a little more cosmetic work to do on the shield pieces and then I'll start assembling. Should be done by this time next week.

Wiring finally done. I decided to forgo the sound on this one. it has a couple of small rumble motors in it, though. I've got it on the charger and will post pics of it fired up shortly.

2013-03-23 14.42.19.jpg2013-03-23 17.13.11.jpg

That is a truly awesome and inspiring project! I have not attempted anything so detailed... yet. Your work really has inspired me. It looks amazing! Thank you for sharing.
    "A lightsaber is an interesting weapon. A blade unique in the history of warfare. A paradox, not unlike the Jedi who wield it: those peaceful warriors, who kill in the service of life. Have you ever noticed? The blade is round. It has no edge. But it is a lightsaber—which means it is nothing but edge. There is no part of this blade that does not cut. Curious, yes? Symbolic, one might say."
    ―Vergere

Thank you. This was my "prototype" build. It gave me some interesting ideas for my next one.