Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nb+ power question

whitmers, if you want to still use that battery holder and speaker combo, just use one of the 14500's and buy a dummy cell (avail. in the store here) and that will work. You won't get uber long run times but at the least, your battery/speaker combo will get used.

And for the record, adding on what has been stated...any 3.7V battery will work on the N.B. High mA isn't the issue, it's the voltage that would fry the board.

EDIT: I just saw in another thread that you went with the dummy cell route.
    Last edited by Caine Drathul; 11-05-2012 at 01:03 AM.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

I was using one of the 14500s with a dummy cell and it worked fine, but longer battery life would certainly be nice. I found some for a good price that came with two 18,600's so I'll use that those for this saber (giving me a spare) and the other two 14500 for my other light saber. I think next time, I'll try using the l rechargeable modules. Thanks for all your input guys!

Hey Whitmers also to let you know the cells you found at a good price make sure they are protected.
    Sith Happens

Quote Originally Posted by whitmers View Post
    I was using one of the 14500s with a dummy cell and it worked fine, but longer battery life would certainly be nice. I found some for a good price that came with two 18,600's so I'll use that those for this saber (giving me a spare) and the other two 14500 for my other light saber. I think next time, I'll try using the l rechargeable modules. Thanks for all your input guys!
    For my recent N.B. install, I just got an 18650 battery holder and glued the speaker and speaker mount to the end. I mounted the N.B. on top of the battery holder and wrapped the whole thing in thing plastic tubing. It works like a charm and I get monster run times.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!