Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheapo Boards

Council Member
    Jedi Master

As soon as the testers get their beta boards, we'll put up vids and such of the board. It's really going to be a lot like the Crystal Shard minus the FoC, so if you watch any videos of that board, that's a lot like what you'll get (sound quality wise). It really is going to be a great board. You'll never have to gut an MR or Hasbro again.....unless you're masochistic

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Awesome! Best news I've heard in a long, long time. If it really is within the MR board price range, then that definatley falls within my usually slim budget. Can't wait!
    ====Darth Jared
    Last edited by Darth Jared; 08-31-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I'll probably have to put this board in one of my current sabers. I'm not sure when I'll be able to build a new saber, so, yeah, I guess I can work with sound now.

ok, i've been watching this thread for WEEKS, foaming at the mouth. Do we have any idea when he will release the sound card to the general public? nothing new on fx-sabers in over a week.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The board is currently in Beta testing. In other words, it is in the hands of the beta testers.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jared View Post
    Hey guys! Somewhat new hear. I've stated MULTIPLE times now that I am not big into higher end soundboards in my sabers (I've built two.) One thing I WOULD be willing to put into a saber though, is put an economy board in. Knowing that, I would like to say that I am NOT willing to buy an economy saber simply for the board. There little kids who get great enjoyment out of those kinds of sabers. On that note, is there a different way to obtain a board like that. If not, that's perfectly fine. Just inquiring. Thanks!
    ----Darth Jared
    Gut an Eco...You'll feel better. Really... And Hasbro will make more. It's kinda what they do. Then when the new board come out from TCSS, you can buy one of those too. =D

Man I really hope that it doesn't take long for the board to be released. I might be able to build another saber by Christmas and I would love to add the board to it.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Depending on the dimensions of this secret board, I might invest in a couple... or six.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    Man I really hope that it doesn't take long for the board to be released. I might be able to build another saber by Christmas and I would love to add the board to it.
    Most of us are suspending our regular commissions to make sure to get it to you guys as fast as possible.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by jmPlagueis View Post
    Depending on the dimensions of this secret board, I might invest in a couple... or six.
    it will be 28mmX18mm (1.102" X .708") it is smaller than the MR yoda board and will fit in nearly any saber build you might have in mind. Go over to FX-Sabers forum and look in the plecter labs section. Erv has an info page up for the Nano Biscotte.