Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SOLEYA - my second CF build

Very good saber. Your first is awesome as well. You really have inspired me and I can't wait to build my first saber! I just have a couple questions. I love the low profile buttons but how do those buttons attach its not clear from the shop? I guess you had to have the holes for them custom cut from the saber shop? Where did you get your crystal? It looks really good . Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jedi 007 View Post
    Very good saber. Your first is awesome as well. You really have inspired me and I can't wait to build my first saber! I just have a couple questions. I love the low profile buttons but how do those buttons attach its not clear from the shop? I guess you had to have the holes for them custom cut from the saber shop? Where did you get your crystal? It looks really good . Thanx!
    Thank you. The switches are the type 22 from the shop. If you select the switch 22 mounting service, Tim will drill holes that are just the right diameter so that you can simply push them in and they will stay in place. You just need to be carefull doing it so you don't damage the switches. The crystal came from Brazil, I got it on eBay. Good luck on your first build!

I understand thanx for the info. I really like how flush your LED lights are on the inside. The LED's that come from TCSS seem to only attach from the outside and stick out. Any way of describing how you got them to shine from the inside out? I won't bother you anymore after this I promise! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jedi 007 View Post
    I understand thanx for the info. I really like how flush your LED lights are on the inside. The LED's that come from TCSS seem to only attach from the outside and stick out. Any way of describing how you got them to shine from the inside out? I won't bother you anymore after this I promise! Thank you!
    I just got some 3mm leds and drilled 3mm holes for them. The 'lip' at the base of the led prevents them from passing through the hole and I used a little bit of hot glue to prevent them from falling out on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by fragrax View Post
    I just got some 3mm leds and drilled 3mm holes for them. The 'lip' at the base of the led prevents them from passing through the hole and I used a little bit of hot glue to prevent them from falling out on the inside.
    Well that was easy enough. Thank you again!

No problem. Glad to be of help

That's a very nice saber, good job
    Clicky Sig =>

now that is one good looking saber...cheers!
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.

I love this saber awesome job just one question where can you find the ring that's closest to the blade holder neck? I guess those are claw holders not sure but can't find them in the shop

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Scorn View Post
    I love this saber awesome job just one question where can you find the ring that's closest to the blade holder neck? I guess those are claw holders not sure but can't find them in the shop
    Thank you. I don't think you're going to find it in a shop as this piece was custom made for me at JQsabers. Tim used to sell something very similar but it was discontinued. You could ask around to see if anyone still has one of those. If you're a member at fx-sabers forum I suggest you start a new thread in the wanted section. If you want to have it machined as I did, if you like I could send you the diagram of the part that I used.