Thread: short 16mm anti vandal latching switch

Default short 16mm anti vandal latching switch

Did someone know how to wiring this switch. I want to make the ring light too. Thank

i belive (never used one myself) that you should have 3 connections 2 are for switch and 1 neg. the legs for switch will complete circuit and have voltage depending on how much juice your using and neg. will be to light the led for switch. there is alot of guys out there that use these, so if im wrong im sure someone will correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhalomax View Post
    Did someone know how to wiring this switch. I want to make the ring light too. Thank

See the gold contacts? Those are the switch terminals. There is no + or - for those, so the marks on the switch are for the led leads, which are the silver tabs shown in the picture. The positive lead is the one on the left in the picture, the negative is the the one opn the right.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay-gon going to use in future, does the led stay lit 24-7 are can you wire through switch to kill led. thanks.

It works the way you wire it.

You can choose to have it always on (wired directly to battery pack (with proper resistor of course), on only when kill key is removed, wire after kill key with appropriate resistor, on when the saber is on - wire after your switch, controlled by the PC2.0's accent LED driver - wire to the appropriate pads on the PC2.0. The sky is the limit. It depends on your wiring diagram and where you wire it.

Wire the LED leads independently of the switch leads, always make sure you have the right resistor for the LED portion. Treat it just like a stand alone LED.

Yup, very helpful.