Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Question- From TOR?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default Weird Question- From TOR?

Hello saberland, I just had a weird epiphany. Is blade holder style 24

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sc...e-24-P743.aspx

supposed to be a copy/ replica from the TOR saber you first build in-game?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=TOR+li...9,r:1,s:0,i:75

I only ask because I'm using it in my first saber, but I just thought they looked similar, and I know that styles 21 and 22 are EXTREMELY close/ based on Satele Shan's Double-Bladed saber. Just thought I'd clear that up if at all possible.

Youngling
    Youngling
    Blog Entries

alot of the parts look similar, some think they look cool one way, others another, the one you show is currently going under some modification, the little "holes" in the new version will show your sabers colour.

I think that TCSS part may have been in existence prior to TOR. It's in all likely hood that the designers at Bioware could have looked to this community for inspiration. It definately would be a solid choice for making a replica of that saber.

Blog Entries

I didn't see that part until after the release of swtor, it is also my favorite blade holder. A lot of swtor inspired parts here on TCSS... I'm a fan... I'm a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien Kane View Post
    I didn't see that part until after the release of swtor, it is also my favorite blade holder. A lot of swtor inspired parts here on TCSS... I'm a fan... I'm a big fan.
    Yes, that blade holder came out after the release of SWTOR. as well as the Satele inspired one.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Blog Entries

Sloth, I remember reading somewhere that you helped them design the crystal chamber for the lightsaber construction sequence in the game... That was amazing btw... mad props.

Sloth, I remember reading somewhere that you helped them design the crystal chamber for the lightsaber construction sequence in the game... That was amazing btw... mad props.
    no way! that was hands down my most favorite cut scene in the game to date. it was as it should have been.

I helped in the fact that I made the crystal chamber construction sequence. I am a VFX artist at BioWare. That cinematic was one of the first big projects I did when I started working there. Thanks!

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Blog Entries

I love to see guys from the saber world contributing to Star Wars in an official capacity... You sir, are my hero in the Star Wars realm lol, and fantastic job once again.

Back on topic though, I love the SWTOR inspired MHS pieces, I really want to see more.

Amazing job indeed

SWTOR is a very nice source of inspiration, I'm still reading and planning atm, but my first project will definitely be a Sith Inquisitor staff!
    Clicky Sig =>