Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Use of a choke?

Default Use of a choke?

Hu guys,

New to sabers and Ive been doing some reading but Im not sure if its required to use a choke. I want to make a short compact hilt, but the choke keeps making it too long. If I am just putting LEDs in the hilt, no sound, can I fit it all in the hilt without a choke?

No. You do not need to use a choke as part of your build.

That's the beauty of the Modular Hilt System....you can build it however you want. There really is no right or wrong way of assembling a saber. Of course that also depends on how detailed your build is.

I believe the most compact electronics set up I've seen was around the 5.5" mark...give or take a 1/2".

Take a look around the forums and I'm sure you'll come across a multitude of ways to pack all the components that you plan to use in your saber. Good Luck!
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Awesome! Thanks for the response.

My only concern is that the switch is going to block heat sink from being able to fully sit in the main body

can always move the switch to another location. if you're making a hilt with one of the main bodies, you can just replace the main body with a 7in extension or however long you want, and then make your own switch hole
    Jhadious Aran

I only use a choke when someone has failed me for the last time, or I find their lack of faith disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedocartman View Post
    i only use a choke when someone has failed me for the last time, or i find their lack of faith disturbing. :d
    roflmao
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
    I only use a choke when someone has failed me for the last time, or I find their lack of faith disturbing.
    Wait, what about when you're accepting their apology???
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Starwaster View Post
    Wait, what about when you're accepting their apology???
    But of course! How could I overlook that. My apolo.... ack....weeez.... <dead>

if the heat sink is in the way you could remove the back side of the heatsink. I have multiple times to save space and its hasnt messed or over heated anything at all. I have fit a PC, 14500 stick pack, and speaker with mount in a 4 inch deep fluted exstension cram-fu is fun

but also if your using a main body piece and a blade holder you should still be able to fit the switch, ive done it.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    if the heat sink is in the way you could remove the back side of the heatsink. I have multiple times to save space and its hasnt messed or over heated anything at all. I have fit a PC, 14500 stick pack, and speaker with mount in a 4 inch deep fluted exstension cram-fu is fun

but also if your using a main body piece and a blade holder you should still be able to fit the switch, ive done it.
    Can a dremel type tool do that?
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.