Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: it works..or does it?

see that's what i am confused about. if i use 2 14500 cells then i will have a 7.4v pack with 750-1000mah. how is the board going to supply the main led with 1.5 amps if the batteries don't even produce 1.5amps? i want to use two smaller cells as it will make my life easier but it just isn't adding up in my head.

i am sure i am missing something because a lot of you use that setup to power your sabers all the time.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yes, you are confusing "capacity" with "discharge rate". Capacity is discharge over time. Discharge rate is how much current it can supply during peak use. Most good 14500 cells can put out 2A of discharge, but only have a capacity of 700-800mah. Which is why most sabers with 14500s only last about 20-40min.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Oh that makes so much more sense. I knew I was mixing something up. Thanx Bender I was thinking i was going to have to start my project over because of that.

Good call Chrystal i have some 14650 cells around here somewhere. I will wire em up first thing.