Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's chrome Saber 37 (CS-37)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Gon Gin
    It is sink tube. The gap opposite the thumbscrew? Not sure what you mean...maybe the exposed section of choke? I wet sanded and polished the MHS parts before assembly and the finish is near chrome.
    The gap is negligible... I have a slight gap on mine and I used the sink tube as well. The inner diameter of the sink tube is ever so slightly larger than the outer diameter of the MHS parts...

Anyway, my original question was more like: The sink tubes are brass, with a chrome coating. Did you remove the chroming? If not, how did you keep it from chipping? if you did remove the chroming, how did you get it back on? I am so impressed that I am just dying to know what you did to maintain the chrome look. I made my first saber with a sink tube shroud and the sink tube's chrome chipped around the edges and was very obviously brass and not chrome... So, I am like a student with a master... Teach me master Gin!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...