Thread: threading PolyC?

Default threading PolyC?

I'm using a polyC blade for a kind of unorthodox project that requires a way of threading it. I've tried looking into tap and die sets and pipe threaders and so far I can't find a viable solution for under $60 bucks. Was wondering if anyone has ideas on an economical way to add male threading to a polyc tube and female threading to another piece.

I suppose it depends on the SIZE and pitch of the threading you need to use..

bigger sized tap & dies can get expensive... (but of course re-usable).

you can see if you can send it out to a machinist who can thread.. and have them thread the outer of the poly and internal thread your 'holder' piece.

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    I suppose it depends on the SIZE and pitch of the threading you need to use..

bigger sized tap & dies can get expensive... (but of course re-usable).

you can see if you can send it out to a machinist who can thread.. and have them thread the outer of the poly and internal thread your 'holder' piece.
    Well it's for a 1 inch thick walled PolyCarb tube ofcourse. Only need threading for an inch or so. I don't suppose you have any experience with using tap and dies with plastic tubes? Sending it off to a machinist sounds rather steep in price as well. Appreciate your help.

Unless you have access to a metalworking lathe that can be setup for threading and have the proper threading tools for said lathe, using a tap and die or having a machine shop do it for you, are your only options.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."