Thread: Obi-Wan ROTS

Default Obi-Wan ROTS

Here is my most recent lightsaber project: a replica of Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith. Like my first saber, it uses the 2010 Hasbro Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber sound board. This model uses a royal blue Luxeon Rebel Star driven directly from the board (via a relay). Below is a picture of the hilt alongside the Master Replicas .45 scale hilt I used as my model.

Here is the hilt with a blade installed and lit:

And finally, the full blade in a darkened room. Unfortunately, the camera isn't able to capture what a beautiful blue this is. It isn't the white-blue that you see here, it actually is royal blue as the LED advertises. The color of the reflection of the blade on the dresser (left side) is close to the color, but imagine it extremely brightly lit. Since I'm direct driving this from the board (no resistor), I'm getting lots of light from it. I'm using a single 3.7V Trustfire lithium rechargeable battery. Unfortunately, it has to be removed from the hilt to be recharged, but it's the only way to fit the electronics in the available space.

Best regards,
    Kilo

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Since you made a clone post in http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...a-Sabers/page6, my bet is as soon as a mod finds it, it will be deleted.

Loachri -

Actually, that post is just for pictures. We aren't allowed to give much text details in that thread. If they want to delete the other thread, I don't have a problem with it!

Kilo

Not bad. Wish I had the money to do an Obi-wan or a Luke MHS saber. The Obi Hasbro board matches your saber. Where did you get the pieces for the activation box shroud? Really liking that royal blue too.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    Loachri -

Actually, that post is just for pictures. We aren't allowed to give much text details in that thread. If they want to delete the other thread, I don't have a problem with it!

Kilo
    Your right, My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Where did you get the pieces for the activation box shroud? Really liking that royal blue too.
    I got the parts from the activation box here in the store. The particular one I used was "Activation Box Style 7". As you can see, that part does most of the hard work for you. The screw on the left is just a plain brass screw and the silver port on the right is old recharge port I had lying around. I just cut the bottom off of it so as to take up as little room in the hilt as possible -- it's strictly for looks.

And I am also totally loving the royal blue. I had to get it direct from Luxeon since they weren't in stock here, so I had to pay quite a bit more for it. It was worth every penny -- it's become my favorite color LED.

Kilo

Great work! I especially like the way the copper & brass sections turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by stegasp View Post
    Great work! I especially like the way the copper & brass sections turned out!
    like these sections also are they powdercoated??

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    like these sections also are they powdercoated??
    I didn't do any powdercoating at all for this saber (my first saber was all PC). Everything was painted and then baked in an oversized toaster oven. I highly recommend the technique. While I still think powdercoating comes out slightly better, it really is only a slight difference. If I have a part that is all one color, I prefer PC, but otherwise baking the paint gives a really sturdy and good-looking finish.

Kilo