Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy Version Hasbro Sound Tutorial

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I use the speaker from the TCSS store. It is the best one we have found for the size that will fit in a hilt.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

hi, the economy version lightsaber with sound from hasbro is this one?
    http://www.brianstoys.com/store/imag...nakinSaber.jpg

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item...o2ydoAaK07.jpg

im from brazil, and i dont know where to find

thanks

FavaSSJ5, PLEASE do not post links to stores other then thecustomsabershop.com.

but in answer to your question, yes those are the sabers we refer to as ECONO. pretty much any of the cheap ones of that style can be used. just make sure to look up the proper wiring for each type, as they all can be slightly different.
    the best one to use, as far as size, is the new Obi-Wan "2010" that includes a DVD of some saber fights from the TV show. its a smaller chip and has improved sound. i actually want to buy one myself!
    this is what it looks like

Has anyone used "Star Wars The Clone Wars General Grievous Spinning Electronic Lightsaber" for the electronics? I cannot find the hasbro obi-wan in a store locally, but I can find the General Grievous one.

Also do the hasbro sound boards run a RGB led?
    Last edited by Piraterogue; 05-29-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: thought of something else.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Mynock View Post
    i actually want to buy one myself!
    I got mine today!
    Funny story; I was telling my brother-in-law my plans to use one, and the extras (clash sensor, and two motion sensors). He asked where do I get the saber? I said at Wallie world (Wal-Mart). Then he asked where do I get the sensors? Well you all know TCSS. He said "get in lets go". I said "it's a bit far". "Where is it?" he said, I told him "In Washington". He said "I don't think we can make that trip". I told him "I can be there in five minutes, on the internet". So he put a $20 in my hand and told to "get it done". I said "OK"

That is just far too epic for words...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

yeah i have one now. and i am debating on what saber to put it in haha
    just got a starkiller too. thinking aobut trying to cramfu the obi and vader econo boards in there, each running one of the die from an RGB (blue from obi, red from vader) so i can switch between starkiller's light or dark side versions.
    not sure if it will work. two cards sharing pretty much... everything?

just got a starkiller too. thinking aobut trying to cramfu the obi and vader econo boards in there, each running one of the die from an RGB (blue from obi, red from vader) so i can switch between starkiller's light or dark side versions.
    Funny enough your question is answered by the answer to my question. The General Grievous soundboard has both dark and light sound effects.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...my-Board-Guide

I have not built it yet so I can answer any more about it, but that thread is what I am working off of.
    Last edited by Piraterogue; 05-31-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: typo king here

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The two boards sound the same. Why not just use a Dpdt switch from the main led leads and wire the rgb up to each? Same principle as the grevious board, just no sound change. I did this with an older hasbro board... Search lightning strike v3 under my user and you should find something.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...