Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lense help

I can garuntee it won't. Why would we use lenses otherwise?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Remember your blade and film/diffuser/mirror is a major factor in how even your blade is lit too.

Blog Entries

When I did that, I lined up the lenses as they are to be snaped into the holders then sanded off a small portion of the side of the lenses that lined up with the clips of the holders. I used a dremal to shave off what I needed to, if it wasn't enough I shaved it a little more until it snaped into place. Just make sure to clean off all the shavings from the side of the lens .

An o-ring on top of the lens can work too.

Blog Entries

The optics for my new saber came in today. I'll see about posting some pics of the modification tomorrow when I go to fit them to the heat-sink.

Edit:

As promised, I've uploaded the pics to photo bucket. And I need a better camera.

Here's a side by side of the 5 degree lens and P4 Holder.

As you can see, it's too wide to fit in the holder.

So I took my dremel's cutting wheel and used it as a belt sander to shave off a small part of the sides of the lens.

When it's all said and done, the lens should fit the holder perfectly.

Just a shot of the lens so you can see how it should look after the work.

The best thing of all is that modifying the lens like this does not impact the light emited from the LED once the blade holder is attached. That part of the lens is covered by the blade holder and would not allow for light to pass anyways.
    Last edited by Inferno; 04-16-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Updating with photos now that I've done the modification

Thanks that worked but still rattled, I added a rubber washer in the blade holder now it's fixed.

There is a topic posted here from 4 years ago that covers the 5 or 10 degree lens fitment issue pretty well:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...9680#post49680
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 04-28-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.