Thread: Question before testing my PC-L...

Blog Entries

Default Question before testing my PC-L...

I've managed to assemble all the necessary component for my saber except for the power supply. I have a AA holder from the shop and would like to use a couple of TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (2-Pack) for it's final power source. But as they are currently out of stock, I picked up a couple of 3.6v Li-ions from the local radio shack. While they are not rechargeable, my major concern is that unlike the ones sold here... they are rated at 2200mAh. I've read the manual over a dozen times and I know that it's input range is 4.5-9v/2A. Should I be concerned about the rating of the mAh for testing my soldering job and wait for Tim to restock or go ahead and use them in testing the board and dialing in the setting on the flash card? My instincts tell me I should be worried but I am not 100% certain.

Mah is the measurement of the battery's capacity, not the rate at which is discharges. You'll be just fine.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the quick answer. I suppose it's my paranoia making me jumpy on using the PC-L cause of how much it will cost to replace if I burn it up.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

don't worry about it. as long as you give it the right voltage, it'll pull the current that it needs to. that's how electronics works.

the mAh rating comes into play when you calculate the overall run time of that cell vs the continuous draw from it. with cells rated for 2200mAh, you should get at least an hour and a half out of them i think.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The problem you'll run into though, is if they are really 3.6V li-Ions they're made for digital cameras and have an internal discharge limiter (99% of the time) and are limited to 800ma discharge. This wouldn't be good if you're wanting to run an LED at 1A or higher. Also, if they're AA size I seriously doubt they really have 2200Mah, though I could be wrong there.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Blog Entries

Your right about that one Bender, I tried testing the board and it resets when the LED is attached (works fine without the LED). Ran across another thread that had the same issue and it turned out to be a voltage problem for him.

Edit: Simple change of batteries with some rechargeable 3.2v Li-Polys and works like a charm.
    Last edited by Inferno; 04-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.