Thread: Heat Shrink for Battery Packs?

Default Heat Shrink for Battery Packs?

Hey Everyone,
    So I am building a new saber and want to put in a rechargeable battery pack. I have been reading and researching here and believe I can build the pack. I have just two small questions about heatshrink for the pack. What is the best type/size to use? Where should I get it from? I have gotten everything for this saber from Tim except the battery pack wrap, which he does not sell. So I was hoping to get a little advice from everyone. Thanks!

due to the fact that this forum is attached to the store no links will be providede

Google heatsrink and you will find what you are looking for

as to what people use it depends if you are doing 3.7 v or if you are doing a barrel roll

like the tutorial http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6985

depends on which way you go will depend on the size of heatsrink

Yeah, I am well aware that the forum is linked to the shop. Since Tim does not sell such an item, I did not see the harm in asking for a brand and size. I have googled for the item and have found different sites, different types, and different sizes. You make a good point about size, though. I should have thought to put that. Just making a two AA battery pack using the tenergy batteries from the store. Thank you

The shop sell heatsrink is why we don't link outside sources for it

as to the size i believe 1 1/4 or 1 inch will suit not positive though

question are you using a PCB too might be difference if you are

thank you for the size suggestion and no, no PCB at this time

no problem but with using other sites for the heatsrink shipping is a little costly so if u gonna order ...order at least 5 to 10 feet to save on shipping costs

I don't think the store sells shrink wrap. This is different from heat shrink for wires.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Sunrider is right, the shop doesn't sell heat shrink for making packs. Shrink wrap is what they make gift baskets with. You can all so use a high temp tape. Az and J-Lo have covered this in other threads.http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ht=shrink+wrap

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

if you google 'shrink sleeve matrix' the first link should take you to a nice chart with all the sizes for what pack you need. also, be sure to get PVC heatshrink too. much thinner and perfect for batteries.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thanks Azmaria and Loachri for the helpful tidbits of info.