Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calvary Custom Sabers Presents "S.T.E.V.E." A Double PVC Saber

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i haven't done it myself yet, but 1.5-1.7" heatshrink is normally a good choice. the white letters can be removed with acetone. and to get it even, i've been told to put it in the oven. i have some painting racks just for that so that the parts are suspended horizontally so nothing slips or drips. as for where to get it, there are lots of places online - just do a google search or try your local hardware or electronics stores.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

i noticed him mention fry's electonics. i have one locally so i'll check that out.
    i wonder if they cut it to length for you or if you have to buy in certain minimum lengths?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_a* View Post
    can you give some more detail on the heatshrink tubing you used for the grips?
    i'm looking to cover about 1.5-2" of my hilt with heatshrink tubing but i don't know the first thing about it. how to get it perfectly smooth, where the best place is to get it in the first place, etc.?
    I bought mine at a local electronics store, but not the one you mentioned... never even heard of that one.

The size is 1.5" heatshrink, I used a heatgun for this, slowly rotating the tube so as to get it even. I don't know where you could buy it online, but I'll bet a little googling would get you some results.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...