Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Master Replicas LED Change

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I'm that software

Double post has been taken care of. Listen to the others, they explained it well
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I've got a similar question, I'm looking to replace the LED strip in an Anakin Blue MR FX saber with a red LED strip. I don't care about dueling or conversion I just have the core components out of the hilt and am installing them in a custom saber and I am looking for a plug-&-play solution for now as I already have my hands full with other areas of my costume and really don't want to have to research sabers too just to change the color if there is a way to simply swap strips.

So, does anyone know what LED strips might be interchangeable and where to get one?
    TK-9772
    Chris CAndyman Andrews
    Commanding Officer- Central Garrison
    Imperial 80th Squad
    Imperial Highlander - Kilted Trooper Brigade

"luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Unfortunately if you want to do it yourself, you are going to have to do some research.
    You pretty much have 2 choices, either build a red LED string from scratch for your custom (recommended for brightness/durability), or somehow track down a red string from an MR, but that is probably no mean feat, short of gutting a new saber.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Unfortunately if you want to do it yourself, you are going to have to do some research.
    You pretty much have 2 choices, either build a red LED string from scratch for your custom (recommended for brightness/durability), or somehow track down a red string from an MR, but that is probably no mean feat, short of gutting a new saber.
    That's what I was afraid of, thanks for the quick reply. Any suggestions on where to look for a cheap and easy conversion kit for this saber?
    TK-9772
    Chris CAndyman Andrews
    Imperial 80th Squad

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Or, make an account at FX-Sabers and see if anyone who does FX conversions has any red LED strips they are willing to sell you. It's not unheard of to find one.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Or, make an account at FX-Sabers and see if anyone who does FX conversions has any red LED strips they are willing to sell you. It's not unheard of to find one.
    Thank you! With all of the other stuff I'm working on right now, I'll take a long-shot over time and cost this time if I can.
    TK-9772
    Chris CAndyman Andrews
    Imperial 80th Squad