Thread: clash sensor installation?

Default clash sensor installation?

another seemingly noob question.

Yes i have searched , clash sensor , obiwan clash , clash install , removal and so on.

i NEED to remove the clash on my obi board. i have the one from the shop . There are only 2 ways to solder it to the board, but one lead is thick , the other is very thin....which slots do they go in? one hole in the board is larger , but both leads on sensor will fit. the board isnt wired to battery yet or anything , i just need to make it 6mm shorter and taking the monkey head off accomplishes that. Just dont want to redo it later if i screw it up.

I don't believe it has polarity as it works like a momentary switch and just creates a circuit when a spring hits a pole on the inside, so it really shouldn't matter.

I'm sure one of greater knowledge will chime in.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The clash sensor is like a switch, it just closes and opens the connection for the clash sound. There is no polarity, so it doesn't matter which lead goes into which hole.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

ok cool , thanks. i did not notice any marking on the leads or the holes on the board. just double checking.

If your not comfortable changing the clash on the board you dont really need to(just be sure its facing upward/vertical NOT side to side).. the clash on the econo boards isnt so bad(maybe alittle sensitive, but not bad by any means.. the swing yes but the clash is good). Remember with sensors it much more dependant on your sensors actual geometry and placement.. my basic rule is to push the board(and thus the sensors as far to one end as possible. Where was the old swing sensor placed when you ripped the obi apart?, thats right.. right at the very end of the pommel with the speaker.. so you get the best swings by being as far away from the spin/balance point as possible.. and the best clash comes from the base of the blade(go figure). I hope that helps because yeah I wouldnt even change out the clash.. just the swing on the cheapo cards(be sure the swing is mounted sideways/horizontal/across) and your all good. I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

the old swing (monkeyhead) was at base of handle.. thats no problem , i'm replacing that too with the one from the shop .. i took out the clash last night and soldered the new one in place..really easy. i just wasnt sure of pin placement. its all good now.