Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: possible new saber sound

let me know how that goes DO and if it works out im itching to see how it turns out
    Jhadious Aran

I played with one at toys r us express. The "clash" sensor on it is quite sensitivie. Anything more than a soft swing sets it off. So if I used it I would switch it out for a different clash sensor. It has the standard startup, shutdown, and hum sounds, which are about the similar quality as the old force action boards. There is no swing sensor, it just cycles through the swing sounds, which can get annoying. But there is some variety there. The clash sound actually sounds more like a blaster deflection, which is unique. Unlike the hasbro boards, there is no flash on clash. There is a nice bonus in the fact that you can turn off the sound entirely. If I had to choose I would get one of the toy hasbros, but I may pick this one up for a little variety.

Yeah bought one for my daughter, then another one after it died. Opened the first one up, laughed at the delicate wiring, picked it up and placed it delicately in the bin. If it wasn't for the cycling hum it would be a pretty good board and tiny at that. Good luck with experimentation.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Well I ended up frying the board... with my thumb If anyone else attempts this, hot glue that clash sensor, just touching it with any kind of power through it will burn your finger pretty good.

If I ever hit up the mall anytime soon, I might give it another go.

aaw man just got told about this thread..id just started one last night about the same card..went right past this looking for it on here..."Possible new saber sound" didnt spring out new econo board to me....bugger..I will continue the work you started and see what I can create with this......I want to create a saber staff next..so im thinking I might put one of these in it.

Il post a link here in my thread.
    Last edited by vctrsone; 01-10-2011 at 06:24 AM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Can't complain about the size of that guy, holy cow >
    I've been wondering about squeezing a sound board into an Ultra-Sabers RGB Prophecy and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of wiggle room in the hilt (I did add a MHS pommel for some more room for speaker mount, etc) and something like that just might be the ticket....
    (Sorry MR Vader, but you'll just have to hang out in the garage some more until I can find a use for you!)