Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ben out the game a while

Default Ben out the game a while

Hey all,

It's been a while now since my last build but here we go with the newest edition to my collection...no name yet...maybe you could help out on that.

Specs:

All MHS parts
    7.4 trustfire battery pack
    Lux 5 blue
    Sabersound 1.0
    700ma buck puck
    recharge port
    illuminated red av switch
    green accent led
    tcss speaker
    metal grips
    Saber is 11.2 inches long

This video was taken in regular day light...yeah thats how bright the blade is and how loud too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X50_KiqT-ck20110131135355.jpg20110131135345.jpg20110131135308.jpg

Share your thoughts and a possible name!

Nice saber dude. o-o I've been wondering, how can you get the Mako soundboard? Do you just contact him directly? I wouldn't mind trying out one of his soundboards. Are they easy to wire up for leds? I've been wanting to do a new build lately. Green P4 kit with a Mako board, would that work? I really grew onto the green led. I got an Ultra hilt with a green led and I really like the color. (Sorry to mention another company).

Its not the mako board...its the board that ....sorry to mention his name but...the board saberforge put out...and pretty sure he isn't offering this board anymore.

Ohh Sabersound. I thought it said SuperOne board. Either way I want to give a SuperOne board a try from Mako. How can I get one?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You should know the rules, jmg, do not ask in the open forum about where to get other products that Tim doesn't sell or support.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Ohh Sabersound. I thought it said SuperOne board. Either way I want to give a SuperOne board a try from Mako. How can I get one?
    As has been pointed out.. asking about a product is good(its encouraged, how else will we progress), mentioning another company's products(SF, ultra) is fine (<-dont bash).. asking about how to aquire a product.. bad.. makotosai(in fact Id say all of them) has an account here... ANYTIME you want to know anything about any of the products from other companies or even individuals you need to go to there account and SEND AN EMAIL(<-very important.. do not pm, do not use tcss systems for other business its not cool). Often in thier profle they may have a link to thier own site, who knows.

The Saberforge board is no longer in production and is tough to get support on(but grats on the build, me likey)

The Mako board is only tough to get the shipping($$$) but I've only heard and seen good things from them.. as far as support I have no idea but I'm sure your ok. I hope this helps or clears up some things
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

well not wanting to derail this tread too far...

I like the saber, and really like the extra little extra straps, what are those made from?
    Yub Yub Commander.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The specs say "metal grips".

I imagine that you want a more specific answer though.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Thanks to the few of you who actually commented on the saber...I could care less about all of the other political bs...can't we all just get along? Anywho...the metal grips are made from scraps I had left over from a prior build...it is mhs sleeve material I cut with a dremmel by hand and painted black.

I think the plain emitter takes away from the saber. a nice paint job could be in order. However, I think a different emitter entirely would be better. One that is larger, to balance the rear of the saber.