Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3rd attempt at wiring.. and nothing

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, here is what I would do in your position.
    1. Ditch the soundboard for this build. I know, a saber without sound isn't as near as cool as one with sound. But a saber with light is cooler than one without. Just set it aside for anouther build! I would do the same thing with your recharge port, just buy rechargeable AA's and take them out of the saber to charge.

2. Pratice Soldering more! You connections are based on how well you can solder them together. Take a few hours, and just practice soldering wires to wires...

3. Finish your hilt. OK, so the electronics portion is toast right now, so focus on your hilt! The overlay is a nice design, but it is going to take some serious work.

4. Start using punctuation. I know you may be on a cell phone or something like that- but if you want us to help you the best we can, and have your ideas presented in an intellegent way, we need sentences, periods, and capitalization.

I would encourage you not to post any new threads on this build. Feel free to PM if you have a question, or post in a thread you've already started.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I shall take this to heart and will do, the only problem is i really need to work on this punctuation problem. i dont have a phone but i do instant message alot on facebook, it has been quite a probem . But nonetheless thank you for the advice... Now i would like to know how you make the overlay so shiny. Do you simply polish the aluminum alot or do you powdercoat it chrome?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am not going to give you a direct answer. Rather, I will give you a thread that shall teach you how to search.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...function/page2
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

haha allright

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

sounds like you're making your way. just remember to read read read. everyone has asked a lot of questions over the years and they're all still here, answered multiple times in various ways. i think the best skill to work on first is search-fu and the second is soldering. have fun, good luck, and may the Force be with you! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

My brother in law owns a motorcycle company and i just sent my stuff in to get powder coated I am very excited does anyone know how long it takes typically? or does it just vary depending on the people? Either way im psyched and cant wait. also i have to wait for my mhs sleeve too. I feel it is going to turn out great and of course i will post pics as soon as i am done cutting lol

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

i don't know the poder coating process, but i hear it takes a few days at least.

do you plan on using a dremel or something else to cut the shroud with? it may be a bit of obvious advice, but remember to leave a millimeter or so more than you want and sand it down to where you want the lines to be. you can always take away, but it's a royal pain to add to.

and yes i have a dremel all ready to go. like i dont know why but i have not been this excited about anything since going to disney land when i was like five im super psyched. and do you know if the shroud, when i slide it on, will couse any damage to the powdercoating? i am getting mhs sleeve and it will be flat black powdercoated

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

i don't have any first hand experience with the new sleeve material yet so i can't say for sure. but i think it'll slide on fairly tightly with Tim's powdercoating. no idea about anyone else's though. and as for powdercoating the shroud before cutting it, be extra careful of chipping it when you're cutting.

as for the shroud material i have on order, i know i should have just barely enough room for my base paints, but i'll have to clearcoat it all together, which will make for harder wiring in the end.