Thread: Custom Hyperblade V2 with Hyperdyne SD Sound card with MHS parts

Default Custom Hyperblade V2 with Hyperdyne SD Sound card with MHS parts

alot of work went into this one. The shroud/overlay should look very familiar to alot of you. Very impressed with the Hyperdyne system. The calibrate option on the sound board is wicked. Being able to tune motion sense to youre liking is a plus. Did not have enough "wiper" ( only have 12" stick ) to complete the grip. The grip will have thin chrome pen stripes between the wiper blades. The hilt is powder coated flat black and most other parts purchased through TCSS. I have had medical bill's pile up lately and will be selling this within the next couple of days. Did have some time to tinker with blade options and sound card. The video was taken with the camera adjusted as much as possible so as to not give the flare effect. First advanced build for me, previous builds were sink tube lux3 and k2 sabers with hasbro sound cards. Take it easy on me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEZDgUg2LY8

saberpics 013.jpgsaberpics 017.jpgsaberpics 009.jpgsaberpics 005.jpg

wow very nice overlay (love the cutouts) and the switch fits very well with this saber.
    Just because the forum says "you MAY post."
    It dose not exempt you from reading.

Ah, a Mad Hatter inspired shroud, very nice. Love the accent LEDs as well. Cool saber.
    Last edited by ARKM; 11-19-2010 at 03:56 AM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Madhatter and then 8lade did one almost exact as well only brass with different grips. Sounds like your inverting the Madhatter original. I'd be tempted to go sith in that case..lol. I don't care much for the hum or swing sound but I know you can change those easy enough. I think your fluted section could use something in the flutes. Good job...it would be nice to see finished. too bad to can't hang onto to it. Hopefully that will change.

I like the shroud work. Very nice. How do you accomplish the small cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Madhatter and then 8lade did one almost exact as well only brass with different grips. Sounds like your inverting the Madhatter original. I'd be tempted to go sith in that case..lol. I don't care much for the hum or swing sound but I know you can change those easy enough. I think your fluted section could use something in the flutes. Good job...it would be nice to see finished. too bad to can't hang onto to it. Hopefully that will change.
    I did think from the start, that chrome on black should be sith but i really like blue. so i convinced myself that a Jedi who was one the "fence" could build one. the flute's were suppose to be black but did not have the time to do it but it could be done quickly. the grip with wiper blades and thin chrome pin stripes ( striped half the length as the grip ) was also planed. i also have smd l.e.d.s and lens for battery indicator but did have time for that either.

the slits were cut with a small drill bit on a drill press then a diamond bit using a dremmel tool. micro (mini) files used for finish. the shroud took 2 to 3 times longer than the entire saber build but worth it. I was awe struck the minute i saw Madhatter's design and knew thats what i wanted.

Very kool saber! I have been looking at boards lately, that seems like a nice one. I especially like the change in pitch as it sense's movement. Once again nice build!