Thread: Unnamed Sith sinktube

Youngling

Default Unnamed Sith sinktube

Still haven't decided a name for it - its made from a sinktube base with the overlay with the chrome polished off. Internally its a 2010 Obi-wan soundboard with a Lux III Red/Orange, TCSS premium speaker, TCSS 1.25" LED/blade holder, SPST momentary switch, black covertec clip.

Want to go with something a bit different so I put in the "window" area, weathered the led/blade holder and the base sinktube with gun bluing. I'm still playing with the bands for a better fit. The leather is just simply wrapped around and glued down. I'm loving the clash effects and sound of the 2010 Obi-wan.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Getting creative! Nice to see some weathering on there. You'll want to be careful with you're emitter shroud not to hurt someone/thing or damage it. I accidentally let one slip and it looked like a car crash and I can guarantee by the shape of your emitter it will get mangled if you let it take flight. I'm curious how your bands are suspended. Do tell. The best way I found is to cut up a double female extension since it fits snug between 1.25 and 1.5 sinktube. That's how I made my Valoury.

The Obi won econo board does have good sound for what it's worth but the slow swing response doesn't cut it for me. Otherwise they're a good deal.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

looks very sharp. and it looks like it could cut someone too! ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Yeah it really does look dangerous.

I just noticed your pommel insert..very nice!

Youngling

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Yeah it really does look dangerous.

I just noticed your pommel insert..very nice!
    Looks more than it is, its rounded but I may round it more if it becomes an issue. Its also sanded to round the edge to avoid having a sharp edge. When the blade is inserted it minimizes the emitter problem actually since it wraps around it. I use one of the "razor" blade plugs by ARKM when its on the belt.

I actually used plumbing spacing rings and screws on the emitter which work really well - Thanks to Rhyen for that suggestion long ago. The other pieces are secured by screws and, as you get further down, the leather wrap since it takes up a bit of the gap.

Oh yeah, the pommel insert is from a sink drain insert, got lucky and found a neat one.
    Last edited by Dakarn; 11-11-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added info
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Default ...

Nice saber. I'm going to use the same set up as you did with the Obi-wan board, did you need anything extra for it like the pnp transistor? Thanks. LuxIII red/orange with Obi-wan board?

Youngling

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice saber. I'm going to use the same set up as you did with the Obi-wan board, did you need anything extra for it like the pnp transistor? Thanks. LuxIII red/orange with Obi-wan board?
    I used the Radio Shack transistor wiring which lets you use Luxs/etc. Works great.