Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Modular OBI

Default Modular OBI

Here's my latest Modular build up. I've always loved the Obi saber so it was a priority of mine to build somthing as close as i could and Tim to da rescue! The only mods are cutting grooves in the rib section for that grenade look. The clamp is one of my replicas that crossing my fingers will be available soon as a kit and by it self for custom applications. Now I'll paint all the pieces and fit it with a MR sound board and blue Lux 3w. Let me know what you think. I'll post some pics now and after painting the parts. The only thing I need to push it over the top would be the pommel. I'm going to try and modify a Luke ROTJ pommel to look like the Obi. I think i can machine the angled section athe top to resemble the correct one. Well here it is[8D]

That is awsome Tet! Making the ribbed section like that incredible. Look forward to seeing that finished up.

<center></center>

Sith Bro that saber rocks[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Very nice. I'd like to see a ribbed extension like that offered in the store too. []

My collection:
    02' MR Anakin AOTC
    05' MR Anakin ROTS
    05' MR Luke ROTJ
    06' MR Maul TPM
    MHS 5w Luxeon(RylBl/Grn)

very nice tet, that looks like a very cool saber indeed. very obi-ish.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Did Tim cut it into the grenade? Tim your holding out on us! How much for the milling?

Looks great Tet!

Brian

Looking good, tetmatek!

I look forward to more progress pics.
    Are you going to give a high mirror polish, or leave it with the machined look?

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

Tet did the mod on the ribbed piece.

<center></center>RJ: No, Hammy, not the cookie. I told you that cookie was garbage.
    Hammy the Squirrel: But I like the cookie.

Today i got all the electronics installed and running. Inside is a MR Anakin powered by four AAA batteries to a 3W Luxeon LED. The Grenade was modded by me on my machine. I am sure Tim has somthing in mind like that or he does now.lol I'm thinking of polishing the emmitter and semi gloss blac on the body. I'll leave the clamp chrome. I am not sure how I'll install the switch. I want to use the correct bubble on the clamp. Any ideas out there

You could always mount a switch like they have on the MR Luke on the side of the switch box.

EDIT: Woah....beating James to the punch.....no way.....hehhhehehheh

<center></center>RJ: No, Hammy, not the cookie. I told you that cookie was garbage.
    Hammy the Squirrel: But I like the cookie.