Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to blade diffuser

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The matte mylar I have is white, but maybe there's different types. I use mine to draw with ink on.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Keep us up to date with pictures of your processes Vadeblade(and everyone else who desire to share thier light and knowledge), what works and what doesn't, the more information we get the better. I have liked some of what i have tried more than other things, but i am still yet to be TOTALY Dazzled. Granted i am a perfectionist on things like this, but i have been more than impressed even with some of the things that didn't work as well as i had hoped

I've purchased the mylar vaderblade mentioned and I'm quite happy with the results. Its a solid "beam" now - I do miss my coring effect (so I'll keep one blade using Corbin's film) but it certainly does capture the LED's light all the way down the blade and it shows off the light very well during daylight. (Darkness is much better of course).

I've got a little funny that I still need to address: Its a little bit brighter at the tip but I think thats due to sloppy rolling on my part and will need to fix it.

Sorry, I tried taking pictures but they're too blurry to be of any use.

But all in all, good find Vaderblade - I likey.

That looks pretty good. How much does the mylar cost?

<hr noshade size="1">[img=left]http://ryanlb.com/images/avatar-shadow-1.jpg[/img=left]
    Blog at A Clone's Rest Stop
    Collection pics at A Clone's Paradise

$27.50. Shipping to UK was a tad expensive (but it is 50 feet) so its to be expected.

I may have another go at it - whilst the red, royal blue, green and cyan look pretty good - amber and white (with all Tim's filters) looks a little disappointing, almost milky. I think I'll have to do some more scratching.

Hey guys, here´s an interesting idea: Canson paper, the one that engineers used to draw onto. It will be not as claer as wraping paper but the efect of the scratched one will be the same.
    Heres a couple of pictures of some old ones. I will go and see if a can find some new ones at the store.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Canson is a brand... I believe I know exactly what it is despite that. It's matte mylar, lol![] I have 20 yards of it I use for my architecture work. I was planning on using it when I do a blade comparison with lots of different films.

I have in my possesion clear mylar, double matte mylar, and on the way I have a PolyC film (going to try to make a Corbin film type) and something even neater: UHMW Nylon film. The nylon film is like Tim's diffuser but as thin as mylar... neat.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Hi,

I've got some pictures now. I've dropped them here as they are a variety of different types of LED on the one picture and they all relate to the Vaderblade clear mylar film.

Coloured LEDs look ok with this film. But I'm not too happy with amber or white with filters. (White on its own looks silver).
    See for yourself.

Dang, the picture with the 3 watt amber looked terrible. But i am liking the 1 watt green, but that's probably because i have one myslef.

__________________________________________________ ____
    phat lewt=kash munni

Yeah, amber is pretty disappointing (with this film anyway) but the red-orange, royal blue and ,as as you say, green look great. I was really impressed with the 1W green and how it stands up to the 3W colours/ colors.
    [8D]