Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

good question since i also picked up one at wally world ...hopefully someone will let us know soon about that board

Yea i just finished building my first saber and the swing sensor on this board goes nuts if I rotate the saber in my hand a certain way. I'm now planning on buying the swing and clash sensor from the shop. With the swing sensor I have read that we have to run two parallel to each other. Does that me to splice the swing sensor wires and connect one to each sensor so they run side by side or are we supposed to wire them in a row together (one after the other). The second statement doesn't make sense electronically to me but hey just want to check lol.

First, the YODA 2010 Economy board:

There are two solder pads on the same traces as the "switch pad". Just follow each side of the switch pad back just a smidge from where the rubber boot makes contact and you should see them. If needed, I can post a picture of where you should solder your switch wires.

Second: motion sensors.

I would mount them perpendicular to each other, like they are on the Hasbro FX boards |_

electrically, "Y" the wires that went to the monkey-ears. The "Y"s from one wire go to one end of the two sensors, and the "Y" from the other wire goes to the other end of the two new sensors.

Parallel wiring, not serial (wired up one after another)

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

plse post pics so we know exactly what you are referring to this way i can picture it more clearly to do it ...thanx

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i just finished wiring up a couple new switch wires to this board too. i cracked the board getting it out, but fortunately it was only one of the traces leading to that infernal switch. i scraped the traces on the side clean and soldered new wires to it. i'll upload a pic here shortly.

***EDIT*** here's the pic. not too bad with a busted soldering iron... be careful with the wires too. several of them are rather delicate and will fall off after a couple bends/tugs. the button pad is circled in red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by equinox13; 10-08-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    I personally think that the Vader is the easiest to take apart and wire because the switch is not mounted to the board and the wires are already there for you for the switch.
    Is the Vader easier than the Obiwan? If so why do you think that?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think wiring wise the obi wan is the easiest. It is also super small, so you can cram it almost anywhere.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

In order of desirability, I would go with Obi-wan, Vader and then Yoda.

There may be some benefit to the square shape of the vader and yoda for some applications, but I think in general, the long and skinny Obi-wan is probably the better choice.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

will the board handle a accent led plus the av switch led

and if so how to wire it up....thanx

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

if i'm right, it'll handle 3 separate 'accent' LEDs as long as they're all the same (or close) specs. the + wire will go to all of them and the - wires go to each of them.