Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Luke ESB Luxeon

probably like they do the martial arts competitions a point system. or a hit to a body part and that limbs severed, and unuseable. might be hard to do it that way tho. defiantely would have to be refereed by someone maybe even 2 ref's.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I've dueled that way before with the severed limb rule...the only disadvantage to it (in my opinion) is that most people in cases like that automatically go for the legs. it's challenge to defend against for the person who's being attacked, but it doesn't make for much variety when you're the spectator. how about a three to seven hit match? first person to x number of hits wins the duel, but both competitors retain full use of all limbs. it seems to me that this would make it more interesting...with no lost mobility both fighters would have to be more alert because they still have the full other person to deal with. if you were in such a duel this would also make it more interesting to your spectators, because when your oponent has 100% of his defenses up it forces you to be more creative with your strikes.
    on a side note, a low set number of hits required to win would also ensure that matches went quickly enough so that everyone gets a turn.

also (last thought) for an extra challenge, perhaps the people dueling are required to call out the spot on the body that they intend to hit before they hit it for it to count, as in aikido?

Kinda like fencing, although calling out the limb you are going to hit might interfere with reflex action - untouched instinct always produces the best results.

Less talk, more action........

yeah, calling out shots would suck. then the guy knows whats coming. i think a ruling for leg shots would need to be made. no leg shots unles a arm was taken off first or something like that.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

What does all this have to do with a question on a Luke ESB Lux conversion? No wonder newbies don't bother to read through the forums before asking questions, too much fluff and off topic posts...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Just consider it initiate initiation.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Derthh_Mawlz

What does all this have to do with a question on a Luke ESB Lux conversion? No wonder newbies don't bother to read through the forums before asking questions, too much fluff and off topic posts...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This topic got off topic from post #4... so yours is just as off topic. A newbie, as least the breed of newbie we don't like, doesn't even bother to look so reading isn't an issue.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Yeah I wonder what ever happened to the Luke ESB Luxeon topic man that's crazy. Still I wonder will tim ever make a tutorial for the Luke ESB FX somday? I've heard and seen it is possible but is it harder than the Luke ROTJ or there both the same?

" Gentlemen your swords please we don't want to make a mess of things ", Count Dooku

lol @ Luke ESB Luxeon now... so much for the topic!

As to Kendo--actually, you are supposed to call out the target AS you hit it. Not afterward. Afterward (in strict Kendo) would be bad form "futeisai".

Anyhow... I am still curious as how to modify a 6AA Luke and allow it to be a 3w Luxeon with a blade holder that allows for a few inches of strength down the emitter part of the hilt. From what I hear--not enough room for it to be safe for duelling.

** The Cutting Edge **
    http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com
    ----
    "No. Try not. DO... or do not. There is no 'try'..." -- Jedi Master Yoda, ESB
    "Well... if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that is farthest from..." -- Luke, ANH

I'd still like to know how to convert an MR ESB Luke also, they are great looking hilts. I have two of them that are DOA. I'd like to get them apart to see if its just a wiring issue and can get them working again, and failing that, convert them to Lux, even if I have to use different guts.