Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Odysseous by DJ

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Awesome saber DJ. Those brass rods are a pain in the but to do. I have done a saber with them but I was not the first. I think I have seen 2 or 3 others before I made mine. I love the engraved brass too. I have got to get me a CNC. Awesome job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Great looking saber!
    Check out my artwork:
    www.rosedale-studios.com

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Arm on Fire was the first to do it (on his JSSDC graflex challenge saber in 200 and I can tell you (since it sits on my shelf) that his mounting solution was exactly the same. This simply means that you are developing some good skills DJ, keep up the great work!
    OH SNAP!!!! well great minds think alike i guess. :P
    my upcoming saber that i will have finished this weekend, possibly tonight, is totally different but still has some DJ flare to it. LDM knows. lol.

thanks alot guys for all your kind words. its been a great journey learning how to do this. i remember looking at a random website somewhere were someone made a build log of a custom and i thought to myself, "man theres no way i could do that". and now i am. its awesome.

thanks again. i couldnt be where i am now with out all the help from you guys. youre all awesome.

Awesome saber! Your best so far.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Did you know you spelled "Odysseus" wrong? Assuming you mean this guy: king of Ithaca; son of Laertes; one of the heroes of the Iliad and protagonist of the Odyssey: shrewdest of the Greek leaders in the Trojan War.

I just had to point that out.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Whoops! lol Well at least he only did that on the posting and not the saber itself. How bad would that have been?

Banned Sith Lord

yeah. i looked it up on the net before putting the text in mastercam and then running the engraving program. its hard to remember how to spell it. lol