Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: FX-Sabers Technical difficulties

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Roy's Blues View Post
    There is definitely going to be some discussion on that.
    Rest assured it will be balanced for sellers and bidders.
    Needs to be addressed I got SERIOUSLY hosed. Once the site is back up we need to discuss it in Chambers for sure.

anyone that needs my email, PM me or leave a visitor message and i will get it to you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I think it's important to note for all new FX sabers peeps that the rules here are different and need to be respected. This being FX's "sister" site or not, it's Stydur's place regardless. It seems that when someone from FX is corrected by a MOD here, automatically the "fists" come up because they are used to FX's rules. Whatever the case, let's make sure that we are thankful there is another saber forum for us to talk on and we should just let it be.

And that's all I am saying on this.

In the meantime, let's just hang out and play with our sabers.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

You know...

Perhaps the virus-making-poodoo-factory that has disturbed life for us all at FX forums is one of the eBay sabersmiths that we at FX have warned others about (no names, but you know who they are). If there isn't a forum to warn folks about shotty work, then those shotty workers can get away with shotty product. Just a theory, but it shows how it can be anyone.

I dunno.... I just want the forums back.

I have no friends here...

Anyone wanna be my friend..?

Quote Originally Posted by smokiewan View Post
    You know...

Perhaps the virus-making-poodoo-factory that has disturbed life for us all at FX forums is one of the eBay sabersmiths that we at FX have warned others about (no names, but you know who they are). If there isn't a forum to warn folks about shotty work, then those shotty workers can get away with shotty product. Just a theory, but it shows how it can be anyone.
    Look guys and gals...no conspiracy theories here.... Fx-sabers is NOT the center of the universe and TONS of other PHP based sites on GoDaddy were hacked. People need to remember that in the grand scheme of things none of us are really that important though we may tend to think otherwise from time to time.

The possibilty of this attack being solely directed at FX-sabers is approximately 3720 to 1
    Biggs Darklighter on the Fx-Sabers Forum

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good point, Caine. Here are the rules of this board, in case any of you want to read up. They're largely the same, but a bit different.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7360
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Never tell me the odds.....

Sorry, I had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Umm, I thinking you're crossing a line here, guys. No solicitation or business transactions allowed on the TCSS forums. Please take it to e-mail.
    Yup, I know the rules. I've been a TCSS member since 07'. I honestly didn't think I was bending them. I am NOT soliciting a sale and not posting a link. As an FX mod I would assume that if Tim or any other mod had an issue with it they would edit/delete it and send me a pm.

Us FX-ers are not here to break the rules. We're simply trying to stay in contact under very difficult circumstances. FX-Sabers does an awful lot to promote Tim's business and we have no intention of undermining that as many of us are also TCSS members and customers.

I have my own server with a domain name I bought through go daddy and had no problems thus far. So must be go daddy's hosted site specifically. Most of stuff is all php/mysql based like fx-sabers is as well. I'd be happy to help get them off a go daddy host, but my personal connection wouldn't sustain the load. There are a lot of hosting center options all around for housing a server, but they aren't cheap at all. Hopefully Yoda can come up with something that meets all the needs.

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    Yup, I know the rules. I've been a TCSS member since 07'. I honestly didn't think I was bending them. I am NOT soliciting a sale and not posting a link. As an FX mod I would assume that if Tim or any other mod had an issue with it they would edit/delete it and send me a pm.

Us FX-ers are not here to break the rules. We're simply trying to stay in contact under very difficult circumstances. FX-Sabers does an awful lot to promote Tim's business and we have no intention of undermining that as many of us are also TCSS members and customers.
    Luke! Another FX Mod here...<whew> good! Now lots of peeps are posting from home, eh? Good...I was starting to miss y'all!

The dark times continue....

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Just to clarify for new members on TCSS we have one moderator who can edit and delete posts. The rest of us are council members and our role is to deal with spammers and help out with questions.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist