Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RGB Strobing Effect

Brilliant! Thank you, sir.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Awesome guys. I knew there were always nice people out there! I just looked at the diagram and some of the different things in Sloda's links, and yes, its over my head right now. I have a basic knowledge of electronics (audio background), but Im going to have to do some work on this.

Hi Takanis, for a start, try the circuit for switching OFF one LED at a time on the 3rd link I believe, this should give some interesting colour changes as the LEDs mix. You will need to add in the oscillator circuit on the same page to get the circuit to run, or you could put a manual switch in.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Sloda Foade View Post
    Hi Takanis, for a start, try the circuit for switching OFF one LED at a time on the 3rd link I believe, this should give some interesting colour changes as the LEDs mix. You will need to add in the oscillator circuit on the same page to get the circuit to run, or you could put a manual switch in.
    So just to be straight, are we talking about a 5mm LED string or a Lux III, etc?

Most of these circuits will drive a standard 3 or 5mm LED at 20 to 35mA, anything in the 1-5W range will probably need a power transistor to drive each LED, or a solid state relay would also work, and they're smaller than a reed relay and each SS relay IC pack can have 2 or 4 relays (if my memory is correct, it has been a while) depending on the type.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Sloda Foade View Post
    Most of these circuits will drive a standard 3 or 5mm LED at 20 to 35mA, anything in the 1-5W range will probably need a power transistor to drive each LED, or a solid state relay would also work, and they're smaller than a reed relay and each SS relay IC pack can have 2 or 4 relays (if my memory is correct, it has been a while) depending on the type.
    Alright. I need lots and lots of research! Whew!!