Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 29 (CS-29)

Default Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 29 (CS-29)

The saber has an MR FX Sith sound board, a green high-bin Rebel from TCSS, the 8.7degree optic and Rebel lens holder and runs on 4-AAA batteries. I modified the speaker mount to vent through the back to use the hilt as a resonator, and I also drilled the ribbed extension to vent for sound in the grip, and it works like a charm! You can certainly "Feel the force" with this one, as it is fairly loud for an MR powered saber. Tim did a very nice job on the custom powdercoat job on the pommel style 3v1, and Master Jedye of Gemini Concepts handled the powder coating on the formerly chrome sleeve. Technically I suppose this saber is a Black Saber, but that might confuse people into thinking it had a black blade. Since it started out with a chrome sleeve, though, I'll leave it with the Chrome Saber designation.

Chrome Saber 29

I eventually decided that I didn't like the ring style switch, since it just wasn't bright enough and swapped it for a dot style instead:

That was much better!

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpRQ0lASenE
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 05-23-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

In my honest and completely unbiased opinion, I would say that is the best lightsaber ever created.

But seriously, good job on it, looking forward to receiving it.
    "Master Poof sacrificed himself not only to preserve billions of lives, but so the Republic itself would live on. I can think of no more fitting tribute than this: He gave his life for a cause he believed in."

This fancy Jay-gonn saber cannot save you from the clutches of Darth Sasuke, Sephrom.

I am the Sasuke.

Youngling

Another great Jay-gon creation!

The ring switches just tend to be less bright, probably due to their design and how the 1 LED is dispersed. I'm switching the 3 sabers I constructed to dot ones, much brighter.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

I think it would pop more if the grooves in the sleeve were chrome instead of black. But i'm not sure how you would do that with the powder coat, and when you cut the grooves it exposed the brass yes?

Saw this on FX-sabers before it went down..

This saber is sweet. Only drawback to me is that it's green. I don't like green

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    I think it would pop more if the grooves in the sleeve were chrome instead of black. But i'm not sure how you would do that with the powder coat, and when you cut the grooves it exposed the brass yes?
    Yes it did expose the brass underneath the chrome. We actually thought the powder coating would fill in the grip lines more than it did, so just being able to still see them is a plus.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

another yummy one!
    ...YUP!

Nice! IMO having a Jedi FX board would have ruined this one. Great saber!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Oh no, this is the kind of saber that makes me reconsider building them myself and ordering one from you. So fast looking, well balanced design, I love it.
    Technically speaking, I see you use some rebel leds now. Are they, in your opinion, better than P4 for greens and blues ?
    I'd like to know as well if drilling in a battery/speaker combo worth the risk, is the sound much louder ?
    Finally, is there a significant difference between the 5 and 8,7degree lens ?

Keep up with the awesome work
    Last edited by Vlad Doon; 05-26-2010 at 03:09 AM.