Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Saber 22

Default Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Saber 22

This saber was built because I happened to have spare parts left over from Chrome Saber 24 after the custom pc job on the sleeve didn't work out so well. The sleeve was sanded down to the brass, sanded smooth, polished, and then clear coated clear pc, and this saber is the result of that! I also polished the TCSS parts using my rotary tool, a buffing wheel, and some Mother's Aluminum and Mag polish.

It features the CF 3.1/4.1 hybrid board that I got second hand a few months ago, and is a pretty basic install....no blinky led's all over it....just the one in the switch. So, here is

Brass Saber 22

The ribbed extension has been drilled for extra sound vents and this saber is LOUD! It feels alive when the vibrations from the sound escaping the vents in the grip hit your hand! I still need to get the settings in the config file tweaked a bit more for increasing the sensitivity because the CF is in the ribbed extension, but I've got it pretty close.....I'm hardly an expert on CF settings, but I'm getting there, slowly.

Here's a few of the in-build pictures:

Testing the Aux switch set up in some scrap pieces first.

Man, that's a lot of wires!

Just needed to wire up the board at this point.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Really nice as usual. One problem I suspect though. How do you access the SD card? Under the heatsink?
    I'm looking forward to seeing the video once you've got the settings finished.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 05-13-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Really nice as usual. One problem I suspect though. How do you access the SD card? Under the heatsink?
    I'm looking forward to seeing the video once you've got the settings finished.
    Like this:

Remove the emitter and the led and there it is. A pair of needle nose pliers or tweezers is all it takes. I've found in my other CF sabers that I usually only use on or two of the fonts anyway, so access for me really isn't that big of a deal.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Basically a twist and unclip...pretty simple. The key selling point to me on CF is being able to make your own fonts. Otherwise the Petite Crouton would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    The key selling point to me on CF is being able to make your own fonts. Otherwise the Petite Crouton would do.
    Well, most people that own CF sabers don't bother to make the fonts themselves...sound fonts can be quite time consuming to get right and have them actually sound good. I own two other CF sabers, and have never made my own sound font, and only really use one font on each saber. So yeah, a Petit Crouton would actually suit this saber and every other saber I own just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    a Petit Crouton would actually suit this saber and every other saber I own just fine.
    hehe....so much for owning sabers with "Mr.Sound"

I always like your sabers Jay-Gon, they have a specific characteristic and quality to them thats perfect to me.
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Nice Jay Gon, beautiful and a clean design, with your signature pipe cutter grooves.
    I wish mine would cut straight like yours, I have 2 cutters and both will run off true about every third cut. Is there any special trick to getting it right?
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Sloda Foade View Post
    Nice Jay Gon, beautiful and a clean design, with your signature pipe cutter grooves.
    I wish mine would cut straight like yours, I have 2 cutters and both will run off true about every third cut. Is there any special trick to getting it right?
    Practice, practice, practice.....

Unhappy

I will practive on PVC, as I can't get imperial sink tubes here (or metric either for that matter)
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight