Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My First Car!!!

i would foam it before you pulled it actually, at least 3 cans worth, since the motor has prob been neglected greatly over its years the foam will help to loosen up the internals pryor to dissasembly... best intake point is the vaccum off the brake booster, but you can also put it in your tank

as for the filters no worries on gummin em up since they will all need to be changed before your clean new motor will run right

and if your wanting a mustang i can prob help ya out with that, i paid 500 for my current fox, an 84 5.0 SVO with a c4 3spd and 9inch rear 411 geared... just hooked up a buddy with a 67 289 for 650 that had been sitting in a field for 20 yrs, i changed the bug, fuel filter, ecm and put gas and batt in it and fired it on the first turn
    Last edited by jjshumpert; 05-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Banned Sith Lord

^^^^ i need to take a nap! all those numbers n stuff!!!

seeing that corvette just reminded me of the psycho I worked for at the race shop I quit last year, but it is a great color. I looks really great with black accents(ie; racing stripes or bonnet stripes). good luck on your project, I imagine it will be extremely rewarding and satisfying when it is complete! can't wait to see it finished.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Primetime with Decklid and Hood!!!

Featuring a newly primed Mr. Hood
    Before

After... He looks much better now. He is halfway blocked...

And Mr. Decklid all primed and ready to go!

Stay tuned!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So it has been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since an update... But I have been making a little progress...
    here is a vid... it was shot with my iphone so that explains the choppiness of the movement. Sorry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1QPcOzmtYE

The engine is all repainted and fixed up too...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

if only that baby was manual!! lol but love the style...and its a cool project. this must be fun to source parts for....Im a qualified automotive parts man by trade..tho I havnt done it for a few years now.

my first car was a ford laser **** box..but my second was a mazda familla 323 89 1.6 dohc turbo 4x4 two tone cream and gunmetal grey, with factory airbag sports suspension, lock diff button (hellishly fun on the gravel/grass). I custom built it up for light rally and drag racing, had 300bhp at the flywheel out of a 1.6ltr..I had fully restored that also from the chassi up..had new or reconditioned everything in it..which was a feat in an old rare 80's sport car...

anyway i love all car types bar hondas and most euros..lol....BUT TURBO POWER!....lucky I didnt say turbo rotang power!! lmao
    Last edited by vctrsone; 01-09-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[