Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Something... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantina Chef View Post
    I got one for ya all... So i installed a US 2.5 into a new saber the other day and when i pulled the kill switch instead of the usual sound followed by U.S. 2.5 it said in a dark deep voice "Destruction". Freaked me out. So I put the kill switch in again and then pulled it again and it made the boot sound and was followed by a girls voice saying " WWW dot" Then died out. Ok I was really wierded out now. SO i took everything apart and tryed booting it by just adding power. Same thing. WWW dot. I was using two 3.7 li-ion trustfires so i tried booting it with each battery individually and it worked perfect on the first and nothing on the second.....summary one of the batteries was junk. Re wired everything and used new batteries and all was right in the galaxy.... SO wierd batteries make it say wierd things
    Would love to see video + audio of that.

Boards can't do things they aren't programmed to do... I mean to say--I believe you: it can't do an audio clip of "Destruction" without the programmer MEANING IT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT.

Now it's true when I say "Boards can't do things they aren't programmed to do"... they *CAN* behave "oddly"... but not in the sense that it would magically spit out some arbitrary phrases, lol.

It's clear that (if this truly happened)... the board was programmed to do these things. Friggin' stupid. Friggin' unprofessional. MESSY.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Personally, I think all these guys are having some kind of auditory hallucinations. Maybe the US 2.5s are radioactive and causing something to happen to their brains. Or they give off some kind of strange radio waves. Or they are all going crazy and this is the first sign of it.

Substantiate it or it didn't happen.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Hmm... hallucinations? I'm going to disagree. Mainly because I trust Eastern57--because of his experience and expertise... and especially because NeoPhyl (whose advice, experience and expertise I trust BIG TIME) explained the "brown-out" very well. And the "brown-out" is not at all something "unheard of" with electronics.

Further... I've experienced this type of thing with CF (to a much lesser extent) waaaaay back in the day with CFv1.2--when I was purposely feeding it ~3v (probably less, since the pack was a "test pack" and pretty old)... and it definitely behaved pretty wacky.

Not that it spit out lines from Evil Dead or anything, and also not to say that video + audio wouldn't help corroborate the enigmas that are being reported... but still...

I, for one, believe the folks saying they experienced issues.

NOW... in order to give it more testing...

...for those who HAVE Ultrasound boards...
    ...for those who CARE to do so...
    ...for those who even have the knowledge of HOW to do so...

...try testing the board with--I don't know-- ~1.5v? 3v? Whatever you like. If you have a dedicated PSU--there ya go, it's yet another way to see how U.S. behaves.

I'd recommend testing it with the LED running and all that jazz, as testing it without the high-powered LED might allow the board to run "normally"(?) with merely a volt or two...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

My post was a joke, Nova.

Apparently, it failed.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

A joke??

How peculiar...well if any of our soundboards ever start saying "here's to my sweet Dark Side" when one swings one's saber backwards then I'd suggest an Exorcism. lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    A joke??

hahaha... good one!

actually.. coming from a 'programmers' side of things... (not that I do C++ on microcontrollers)..

but programmers do TONS of little things.. easter eggs perhaps.. but more so.. to debug their own code and routines..

they add special 'stops' or 'feedback' at certain areas where a routine of function would fire..as a way of getting results to see if that particular function/routine works as expected.

so getting 'interaction' when things go wrong or crazy doesnt sound too outlandish to me.