Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Using Makototsai Leds in MR Sabers

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by nemik View Post
    so how do they keep the other 3 batteries from blowing the board out?
    I am sorry if I seem a little annoying I am just trying to understand how it all works so I have a better knowledge of the working system here.

Thanks all for the suggestions I will look into that and try that out.

Also it will fit the MR board over the 4xAA batteries in a 2x2 box layout, am I hearing this right or did I misunderstand?

You are misunderstanding. There are 6 batteries in a Mace. But it is really like two different sets of 3. You need to look up Series and Parallel wiring. It will help you immensly if you want to stay in this hobby. With batteries when wired in series, the voltage is cummulative and the MAH is not. When in parallel the volatge is stagnant and the MAH is cummulative. This is why when you see that the Mace is 6 cells but 4.5V it is 2 sets of 3 cells wired in parallel. The first 3 are in series to give 4.5V then those are connected in parallel to the second set of 4.5V to give 4.5V at twice the MAH. Understand a little better?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Oaky I have read some on parallel and series, I understand it for the most part but I am going to look up some information on it this week. thanks
    But What if I'm a figment of my own Imagination?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    i definitely appreciate the effort! Ithink it is too thin though...
    Shadar, you're right. I finally saw the inside of a Makato blade in a tutorial. The foam I posted is definatley to thin. I think the 1/4" foam you were thinking about may work.

Hey guys I've been following this thread and I have found the poly foam in rolls in 1/8,1/4 and 3/8 so is the 1/4 the way to go
    Sith Happens

Board Lurker

Dunno if this helps you US folks, but I ordered some of this http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop...ng-p-1002.html (I'll track down another supplier at some point) to have a go at making a LED string blade, the G size is 3/4" with a 6mm inner gap, perfect for sliping a string of LEDs into, it's a type of foam called plastazote which has fantastic impact absorbsion properties (have yet to test how much light it will absorb though), we use the sheet form in making larp weapons over here so it's good for bashing things

Quote Originally Posted by TD-2272 View Post
    Hey guys I've been following this thread and I have found the poly foam in rolls in 1/8,1/4 and 3/8 so is the 1/4 the way to go
    I'm just guessing that the 1/4" thickness would work.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ked View Post
    Dunno if this helps you US folks, but I ordered some of this http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop...ng-p-1002.html (I'll track down another supplier at some point) to have a go at making a LED string blade, the G size is 3/4" with a 6mm inner gap, perfect for sliping a string of LEDs into, it's a type of foam called plastazote which has fantastic impact absorbsion properties (have yet to test how much light it will absorb though), we use the sheet form in making larp weapons over here so it's good for bashing things
    Unfortunately, I've tried those "assisted-living" or "medical-use" foam tubing, and it's not what we're looking for - it's not molded (or extruded). In addition to being considerably more flimsy & not uniform, there's a very defined seam line running down the length... check out the link again, you can see it on the grey foam; it's on the whites too.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The MR/Hasbro board will fit on top of a 4 AA or AAA NiMH battery pack in a 2 x 2 configuration. Keep in mind, these battery packs are not in battery holders, they are custom made by soldering the batteries together in series and placing them in heatshrink.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php