Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: TCSS Saberbuilding Contest - RESULTS UP

I've read the rules and know that you're only allowing one entry per person, but since we have two categories to compete in, wouldn't it make sense to allow everyone to enter once per category?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

We decided against that. This way everyone just has one shot period, it helps balance things. Not everyone can make a saber for each. Enter in the category you feel strongest about.

BF - TCSS is a saberbuilding website
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Banned Sith Lord

aw bummer i was hoping to see a LDM and LM custom! and i think competing with the Master sabermiths would be a challenge worth while!

I guess that's fair. It prevents one person from walking away with both 1st place prizes.

DJ aw bummer i was hoping to see a LDM and LM custom! and i think competing with the Master sabermiths would be a challenge worth while!

Do not think you will have no competition.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Part of the reason "all members" was chosen was in the hopes that a good number of folks would rise to the challenge. There may be some less-than-over-confident-corellian-cats out there - but certainly no shortage of talent.

And you'd be surprised at how a little pressure can motivate a saber builder... trust me.

btw, no LDM or LM.... but I'm still in. ... And I'm pretty sure I won't win.

I'm very excited for this. I've had a few designs kicking around in my mind for a long time now, but never had the gumption to start on.
    But this provides an interesting chance to bust a few concepts out... If I can afford it.
    Between a new saber and finishing my Mando, I'll be strapped!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I have three scratch-built hilts I've been looking at getting a start on, so I'll likely enter whichever of them I get done first.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Part of the reason "all members" was chosen was in the hopes that a good number of folks would rise to the challenge. There may be some less-than-over-confident-corellian-cats out there - but certainly no shortage of talent.

And you'd be surprised at how a little pressure can motivate a saber builder... trust me.

btw, no LDM or LM.... but I'm still in. ... And I'm pretty sure I won't win.
    oh totally. in im pretty sure i wont win either. im just in this for all the high fructose eye candy! and its a good excuse to throw my parents for saber parts TEE HEE! and im bummed cuz its been a while since ive seen an LDM custom beauty. lol. and im not over confident just overly enthusiastic! hey eastern you should go mako blade! well time to get some TCSS parts!

Sweet! Now I have another reason to get started on my build.
    So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.