Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Airsoft DL44 Conversion

Very nice, although I think the flash hinder could use some more weathering.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Pullo I'm trying do make the same conversion from the same mauser, how did you cut your barrel? And does your replica still fire? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Pullo I'm trying do make the same conversion from the same mauser, how did you cut your barrel? And does your replica still fire? Thanks!
    I cut the barrel using my trusty dremmal, then cleaned it up with sand paper. It does still fire as the muzzle is hollow.

Did you cut through the inner barrel too? Or did you just cut the outer barrel and run the inner barrel through your flash hider?

And as far as the question about it firing goes I wasn't concerned about the muzzel but about how you attached the piston halves and scope mount to the magwell.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Dude, I already told you exactly what you need to do when you mount those parts. Figuring out where to cut off the screws and doing it isn't that hard. Stop being so scared of it and just do it.

And yes, you will have to cut down the inner barrel too.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

It's not that I'm scared to do it. I'm just getting a feel for how other people may have done it while I'm waiting for my Mauser to arrive in the mail. I'm gathering as much information as I can so I can make an informed decision that best suits my needs. I appreciate your advice but not your rude attitude.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Oh, you don't even have anything, no wonder why you are asking so many questions, you can't see what people are talking about with the actually parts yet. I think you will understand better once you have the parts in hand.

Sorry about my rudeness.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!