Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MR replacement motion sensors

And thus another flaw in my plan for my next attempt at wiring an MR board is brought to my attention. *scribbles notes*

Ok, I just wired up a Vader MR FX board with the new TCSS replacement clash sensor and it is acting weird. It only plays one clash sound. I have not heard the Vader board before but my Anakin board plays like 5 different clash sounds. Does anyone have an explanation for this?
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Because the Sith boards (Vader and Maul, not sure about the Dooku) only have one clash sound. So it's working fine. A clash sensor is just a switch, anyway.

That's why people call that the "monkey gong" board.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Wow I didnt know that it only had one clash sound... that sucks. A rip off compaired to my Anakin board. Thanks for the info.

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

To be clear, and have the right information for those who read this in the future:

* "Jedi" / "good guy" FX boards ALL have 3 clash sounds. They are played at random of course. There are no other versions of FX boards that have >3 clash sounds. At the present time (late 2009).

* "Sith" / "bad guy" FX boards... ugh. Don't even get me STARTED. For whatever jackass reason, they have a SINGLE "clash" sound (which is actually a powerup sound, technically), and it is irritating as all get up. You have no idea the irritation level of this board until you've heard it NON-STOP for 60 minutes or more. It makes me want to throw up. Six times. I'd rather hear the screaming of my own infant child on fire for an hour. (!) I'm sorry. I apologize. That was horrible... it's just... yes, the sith board SUCKS as far as I'm concerned. It borders on frying an egg on my skull while listening to such repetitive nonsense, and I'd avoid it at all costs.

WHY Master Replicas made a board with 3 clash sounds... and then a board that appears IDENTICAL... with a SINGLE clash sound... is beyond me. Someone might say "there must be some logical explanation", but no. NO. It sucks. Some retard jacked it up, and history is now written.

All I can say is... whoever finalized the decision to "let it go" and allow the board to have that single PATHETIC AND MIND-NUMBING clash sound... his/her balls should be strung up and hung in the sistine chapel with putrid incense burning 24/7 to remind all who visit such a monument... to pray for forgiveness for that person's lost soul. It's a sin, I tell you... a SIN.

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Maybe I'm reading too much into your post, Novastar, but I get the vague impression you're not overly fond of the Sith soundboard.

Well, we have the Ultrasound, anyway. Now if only Erv would mass-produce the Crystal Focus... (No comment on the SaberSound...for the moment, anyway.)

I'm just really pleased to have these clash and swing sensors available. A primitive clash sensor can be salvaged from any old Hasbro toy, but the motion sensor on the Force Action toys is no substitute for a proper motion sensor, IMHO.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Mace board I bought from Corbin a few years ago (still unused for a new saber ) seems to have 4 clash sound, definitely not just 3.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Interesting, Lori! I never knew that... you should post video/audio of that. I've never heard >3 clash sounds from ANY of the FX boards I've owned. Or... I don't know, am I high? Were they ALL 4 clash sounds? Whatever the case... I always thought 100% of the "jedi" boards were essentially programmed the same, although a pitch shift was present from board to board as near as I could tell.

In any case... in MY thinking... sith board = stay the heck away... jedi board = a LOT less annoying.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think I must have missed one, when I tried my Mace board last night, and DS is right, there are 5 clash sounds.

I just tried my Do-Clo birthday saber, which also has an FX Jedi board, and it definitely has 5 clash sounds.

I don't have a video camera, and no good way to record it.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 11-30-2009 at 06:44 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Yeah, novastar you almost had me convinced I was hearing things... I am pretty sure my 05 Anakin has 5 clash sounds 2 sound similar but are different.