Thread: Joe Jedi Blade Sizing

Default Joe Jedi Blade Sizing

Okay... I am going to replace my Joe Jedi kits blade, however I want the led-housing to stay inside the blade like it is now. Will the housing fit inside a 1-inch, thick blade? My guess is yes since it is the ID, but the Joe Jedi is a 1-Inch correct?

Sorry that the words and sentences are so thrown around, but please answer soon, I want to hurry and replace it with the full size blade.

Also, though not as importantly, is the diffuser here a different material?

Yes, yes, and yes. The Blade is the same kind as an MR, whch is 1''. The diffuser is a stirofoam strip, and the LED string sits inside of that. The blade is coated with a white plastic inside of it, so that gives it the diffuser look. You can use many different syles of diffusers in a custom blade. Try to do some more reading before posting a question that has been asked before. I hope this helps.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

$K, the 616 uses a LUX style LED not a LED string, the 616 blade has a white diffuser like wrap in it, not a foam wrap.

The 616 blade is .985" O.D. a replacement 1.00" O.D. blade from the store will fit tightly, the 616 blade is thin wall, if you use a thick walled battle blade from the store with the diffuser it may be dimmer than you want and length does play a big role in the complete lighting of the blade as the LED in the 616 is not the best for brightness.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Kal El Rah; 11-28-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thanks, so do you know where I can buy a lens with a smaller angle that will fit directly inside of the same led housing as in the kit?

The stock lens is just fine, you must remember to use a thin wall replacement blade to get the led module to fit inside the replacement blade.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    $K, the 616 uses a LUX style LED not a LED string, the 616 blade has a white diffuser like wrap in it, not a foam wrap.

The 616 blade is .985" O.D. a replacement 1.00" O.D. blade from the store will fit tightly, the 616 blade is thin wall, if you use a thick walled battle blade from the store with the diffuser it may be dimmer than you want and length does play a big role in the complete lighting of the blade as the LED in the 616 is not the best for brightness.

Hope that helps
    hmmm, I will have to disassemble my 616 the when I get home. Maybe the previous owner modded it then? It uses an LED string, with an MR styled blade.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

There has never been a kit that used the LED String made. Also, the blade is smaller. If you really do have a construction kit with a string, it is custom.

It ends up being a custom that $k has, it has a yoda board and an ROTS blue led string in it.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I think you'll find that the joe jedi blade is thinner than a regular MR blade. When I look at my vader and luke blades they are thin wall but not as thin as the joe jedi blade. The mauls I have are thick walled.

Also if you go for a thicker blade, you'll find the 1w RGB wont be as bright in it.

You have options with a Joe Jedi kit but they're awkward to re wire, can't take as much power as a regular MR board and the blades are short. I brought two kits to use as internals for my aequilibrium saber, but scratched them in favor of two US 2.5s and a 3w RGB trustfire set up.

I would only use MR boards in basic sabers, easier to wire, will take 6v and have better ramping up and down effects.

MTPW
    Last edited by Invisas1979; 11-29-2009 at 02:58 AM.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"