Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lens and holder

I guess I didn't go far enough back, because that's what I searched for. Thanks!

I took a small file and just made the lens clips smooth, it stayed in pretty well. And I used a small #6 nylon washer and trimmed it with a knife to fit between the solder pads on the Lux star since I couldn't find a nylon screw in 4/40. Works just fine if anyone else has the same issue.

Default ...

I just had that same problem with my lens holder. i just got my stuff for my first mhs finish today. i'm also having trouble with the pommel end cap and mps clip.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And you've already talked to some of us about these issues on the Shoutbox and I gave you some links to read.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

There is a way to make the 5 degree lens snap into the TCSS holder.

The outside diameter of the 5 degree lens is to large to properly fit in the TCSS lens holder. As has been stated in other threads, that's probably because it's not the right holder for that lens (shame on you Tim. ).

What I did to make the TCSS holder work was to cut a square-ish notch in the top center of all 6 walls of the lens holder. This has to be done carefully to avoid breaking the lens holder but if done right, the 5 degree lens will snap in. Not as well as the 10 degree lens but still, it will snap into place.

I hope that helps.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

What I did was to take a fine file and just angle the edges of the lens right where the clips of the lens holders grab it.
    Not much, just a gentle little bevel.
    Snaps right in, and actually stays pretty well.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

The holder doesn't have to have the optics snap in place. The top of the optics is notched so that it sits on the inside lip of the blade holder. When I screw down the blade holder I just insert a finger inside to keep the optics pressed firmly into the optic holder while I twist down the blade holder. Once the edge of the optic piece catches the bottom of the blade holder it will hold it down secure into the optic holder.

Quote Originally Posted by B5813 View Post
    The holder doesn't have to have the optics snap in place. The top of the optics is notched so that it sits on the inside lip of the blade holder. When I screw down the blade holder I just insert a finger inside to keep the optics pressed firmly into the optic holder while I twist down the blade holder. Once the edge of the optic piece catches the bottom of the blade holder it will hold it down secure into the optic holder.
    I'm sure that works with MHS hilts but that will not work with every custom hilt out there.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."