Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy Version Hasbro Sound Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by silverclown View Post
    so is there no hope for attempting to use the color change board? I have a great idea, but from what im reading you say stay away.
    Are you talking about the ultimate build your own clone wars saber? You can use it, but the board does put out enough current to run an LED. So you'll need to put the LED on a seperate circuit with a second switch, or with a relay. Its been done couple different ways. Just search the boards.

Naw im talking about the color changing skywalker one, the one that goes red to blue, seems too big to fit in the tube and the speaker is a bit hefty as well.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The color changing one does not have all the sound effects as the other ones. As for the speaker, I always replace the speakers with the ones Tim sells.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

but it seems like there is no way its gonna fit, anyway i got lucky and won a Lot of 5 hasbros, so lets see what happens

Thanks Rhyen. how did you post that pick of the lightsaber so big?

Default thaks

Being new to this i found this to be the Best tutorial in the forum. right to the point clear explanations, and great pics. having trouble finding a us or a cf. wish i could just back order one, but this will give me sound till i can get something better. THANK YOU Skytracker!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I'm new to soldering and wiring and all, and i'm buying TCSS's Lux III/Seoul P4 kit and i want to use the Red/Orange Lux. Could you tell me what button to use, and will a 700ma buck puck be good? If not what kind? Also could you post some pics or describe to me how to wire everything, like which wires to the switch, to the led, battery pack, and negatives and positives and all. Sorry, i'm a noob at wiring, im only 13 and i wanna build alot of sabers!! haha

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you're not using the economy Hasbro sound board in your saber, then this is not the right thread to post in.

If you look at this chart, you will see that 700mA is not enough current for a Red-Orange Lux III or P4 LED. You would need to wire 2 of those buck pucks to get more current.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/resistor.aspx

There are plenty of tutorials to show you how to wire up everything. Go read through the threads in the Tutorial section. And look through some of the threads in the Gallery section, especially threads by LDM, he takes lots of photos of the electronics in his builds. Then go read the threads linked in his signature.

This is a Do-It-Yourself kind of forum, not a Tell-Me-Exactly-What-To-Do forum. You need to try and find the answers for yourself. The questions you ask are very basic and have been answered many times. It almost sounds as if you don't even know how to tell which are positive wires and which are negative.

If you show that you have done some (preferably a lot) of reading and still
    can't find the answers, you will be more likely to get more specific help, or be pointed out to the threads that will help you more.

But please try to help yourself, first.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

sorry, forgot to say. i ment what wires to wire FOR the economy soundboard, and what button to use for it etc..