Thread: led whip

is it possible to make an led lightwhip

my idea is to have an led at the base of some fiber optic cable and the fiber optic cable would be cut at varios length and encased inn some sort of clear heat shrink tube
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 04-12-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Dig around, I think there is a rather lengthy thread about it somewhere, but I don't remember what the final verdict was.

here is one:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ght=light+whip

This may also give you some ideas: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ght=light+whip
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 04-12-2009 at 01:14 AM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

i seem to remember it was determined it was possible, but expensive, and you really wouldnt want to try to duel with it unless you were experieced with a whip already

werent you the one who said you had read all the links and werent an idiot? you need to look better.

I <3 Mako

maybe he meant he only read all the links about building regular sabers

In another thread about a darth maul saber he was asking simple questions that he would have found the answers to if he had but looked. When called on it he lashed out with an attack about how he had looked everywhere and would not post stuff without looking and he wasnt a noob like that, so my comment was more to the point that he claims to read up first and check the thread index, yet he asked about whips when there is at least one thread in the index about it that i know of, and a simple search brings up 16 threads.

I <3 Mako

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is Lord Maul going to have to lock this thread too?!?!?

Forgive and forget. A second chance is always deserved.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

meh, I mean the kid no ill will, I just wish he would do what he says, and after the other thread this would be his second chance. If he had an idea or wanted to theorycraft like the guy who linked the smd chains that would be one thing, but to just ask if anyone has thought about it lacks preparation. Im sorry, life and job lead to me being rather blunt

I <3 Mako

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Once again, the lock is dropping.

If you guys have a problem with someone, take it up with ME via PM, not in the open forum.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!