Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Force-FX Obi-Wan ROTS

i wouldn't mind seeing the guts of this saber so maybe one could duplicate it.
    ...YUP!

The guts are on page one. You just need to cut the chassis the exact length as the blade holder so it will fit perfectly (I used TCSS Maul MR conversion blade holder). You could even use a little Ultra conversion LED/reflector/heatsink and put it in the middle. Just make sure the final overall length is perfect (not too long or short). I held it to the chassis with masking tape.

The 4xAAA pack wires are soldered directly to those three little "nubs" that stick out of the chassis (the things that the original battery pack would touch to complete the circuit connection. Probably not the best way. Might be better to solder the wires directly to the board to avoid any loss of voltage due to resistance. It just happens to fit perfectly so it doesn't rattle around when you screw the pommel back on (and not too tight either).

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing the guts of this saber so maybe one could duplicate it.

i mean with the maul kit attached and all that as reference point for those who want to copy your way
    ...YUP!

Sorry I forgot to take pics the last time I opened it up. I will next time though.

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    i mean with the maul kit attached and all that as reference point for those who want to copy your way

I'd like to see it, too. I'm going to use a Maul kit to convert an AOTC Anakin. In my case, because the internal shell is so wide, rather than cut it off I've hollowed out the front to accommodate the Maul kit. Now I'm just waiting for the Maul kit to arrive to see if my calculations were correct and it actually works.

Okay, so how did you remove the control box? I've got my saber sitting here and I can't get the pad off the top.

Default Hope this helps

Pry very carefully. I bent the corner on mine, but was able to bend it back. Work from the end not the side.
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

Okie doke, so I've got this thing apart finally. I need to get this answered though before I go any farther... Is it okay to use a different color than blue in an Obi saber? I know it might sound stupid but I don't want to somehow overload the board. I want to switch the string out for a Red 3w Luxeon. Are there any problems doing this?

Obi-Wan must be blue or cyan!

Just kidding. Use any color you want. The board will drive any Luxeon III pretty well. Red or Red/Orange will work great!

Phew. Good to know. Thanks for the quick response.

Regardless, I agree with you. However the 5 year old this is going to hates blue with a passion.... I dunno. lol