Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: From Zero to Saber

Youngling

Wow, that's killer! The intricate black and silver curviness looks great - and the insides nicely squeezed in as well. Just oozing classy deadliness all round

...and this being your second effort, I'm very looking forward to seeing what you produce in the future...

...and how's the speaker? Have you had a chance to compare it with other saber-sized speakers?
    Last edited by Sethski; 02-23-2009 at 01:00 PM.

thanks for the kind words.

To answer the speaker question. I have done a PVC saber for a friend at first. It had a CF with the premium speaker. I made 3 resonance chambers for it to get the best result, but you can never beat more membran. For Dark side there is much more bass.
    So a bigger speaker with equal freqencies will always win in our small aplication. (before somebody says it: in a equal setup).

The speaker had to be adjusted because it is in a square frame.
    I can just advice you to check for speakers used in model trains for use with a soundmodul.

Youngling

Cheers for the info. I did Google the speaker and found a supplier. And it is for the sake of enhancing a deep, menacing hum that I'd like to get hold of as big a speaker as I can possibly shoehorn into a saber